Broussard, Louisiana, United States
Broussard, Louisiana, United States
Skills: Field Service Tech
Experience: 6 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Broussard, Louisiana, United States
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
We are looking for the right people - people who want to innovate, achieve, grow and lead. We attract and retain the best talent by investing in our employees and empowering them to develop themselves and their careers. Experience the challenges, rewards and opportunity of working for one of the world's largest providers of products and services to the global energy industry.
Under broad direction, provides on-site supervision of the Hole Enlargement and/or Coring process while training and mentoring.
- Supervises, trains and mentors the visual inspection of equipment, recognize damages, and documents any damages.
- Supervises, trains and mentors on confirming measurements of equipment. Performs make-up torque requirements using the pre-job package.
- Attends safety meetings and tool box talks. Supervises, trains and mentors on make up of equipment correctly and thoroughly.
- Advises and supervises, trains and mentors on operating parameters, troubleshooting, well control, and tripping in and out of hole procedures.
- Supervises, trains and mentors on break and lay down of equipment. Supervises, trains and mentors on packaging and demobilization of equipment from location.
- Supervises, trains and mentors on completing necessary transit documentation. Completes field tickets, daily reports, KPI, and other related documents while training and mentoring.
- Communicates with Halliburton management while training and mentoring. Knowledgeable in the use of basic computer software and general understanding of hydraulic calculations.
- Participates in performance improvement initiatives as required by the Company.
Requirements: Must have High School Diploma or GED. (Technical School Diploma or Military Training a plus)
- Minimum of six years of experience in drilling industry which includes experience in field operations.
- Must have Offshore work experience
- Must have successfully passed company tests or met task guideline requirements.
- Must meet the minimum competency requirements for a Field Professional - Coring/Hole Enlargement, Ld.
- Ability to demonstrate technical aptitude to standards is required.
- Must possess good communication skills, arithmetic, data entry, and recording skills.
- Must possess relevant offshore certificates as required. This is a field position.
- Promotes safety awareness and environmental consciousness, and complies with all applicable safety and environmental procedures and regulations.
- Promotes and takes an active part in quality improvement processes.
- Must live within 3 hours of base location (prefer local candidates)
- Work Schedule: On call 24/7
Candidates having qualifications that exceed the minimum job requirements will receive consideration for higher level roles given (1) their experience, (2) additional job requirements, and/or (3) business needs. Depending on education, experience, and skill level, a variety of job opportunities might be available, including Field Professional or Principle Field Professional - Coring/DHT, Ld
Halliburton is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
302 Ida Road, Broussard, Louisiana, 70518, United States
Requisition Number: 73637
Experience Level: Experienced Hire
Job Family: Operations
Product Service Line: Drill Bits and Service
Full Time / Part Time: Full Time
Additional Locations for this position:
Compensation is competitive and commensurate with experience.
Founded in 1919, Halliburton is one of the world's largest providers of products and services to the energy industry. With over 50,000 employees, representing 140 nationalities, and operations in approximately 70 countries, the company serves the upstream oil and gas industry throughout the lifecycle of the reservoir – from locating hydrocarbons and managing geological data, to drilling and formation evaluation, well construction, completion and production optimization. Halliburton's fascinating and proud history reveals a continuous focus on innovation and expansion that began with the company's founder, Erle P. Halliburton. After borrowing a wagon, a team of mules and a pump, he built a wooden mixing box and started an oil well cementing business in Duncan, Oklahoma.
In the 1930s, Halliburton established its first research laboratories where the company tested cement mixes, began offering acidizing services to break down the resistance of limestone formations and increase the production of oil and gas, and performed its first offshore cementing job using a barge-mounted cementing unit at a rig in the Creole Field in the Gulf of Mexico. This was the beginning of what was to become the world's most extensive offshore service.
Halliburton took the initial steps toward becoming a worldwide company in 1926. We sold five cementing units to an English company in Burma, the start of our Eastern Hemisphere operations, and Erle P. Halliburton sent his brothers to open our business in Alberta, Canada. We opened in Venezuela in 1940. By 1946, the company – using its innovative technology – had expanded into Colombia, Ecuador, Peru and the Middle East and began performing services for the Arabian-American Oil Company, the forerunner of Saudi Aramco.
In 1951, Halliburton made its first appearance in Europe as Halliburton Italiana SpA., a wholly owned subsidiary in Italy. In the next seven years, Halliburton launched Halliburton Company Germany GmbH, set up operations in Argentina and established a subsidiary in England.
In 1984, Halliburton provided all of the well completion equipment for the first multiwell platform offshore China. Two years later, Halliburton became the first American company to perform an oilfield service job on the China mainland
The final decade of the 20th century brought more changes and growth to Halliburton. The company opened a branch office in Moscow in 1991.
The company realigned its work into Eastern and Western Hemisphere operations in 2006, and in 2007, divided its service offerings into two divisions: Completion and Production, and Drilling and Evaluation.
Today, Halliburton offers the world's broadest array of products, services and integrated solutions for oil and gas exploration, development and production.
To learn more about career opportunities, please visit www.gohalliburton.com.
Halliburton is an equal opportunity employer.
Halliburton placed 2nd in the 2018 Rigzone Ideal Employer Rankings - find out more.