Skills: QA / QC / Inspection, Reliability Engineer
Experience: 5 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: United Kingdom
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Our core values includeintegrityandethics,impartiality, customer focusandsafety at workand are Top Employer for the sixth consecutive year.
- Principal Engineer (Level 3 Inspector)
- London/South East with to cover the large volume of structural inspections we have in Central London.
- Salary: Competitive with an excellent benefits package
APPLY YOUR TECHNICAL KNOWLEDGE
We are looking for a chartered Structural Engineer, with a strong technical background, an ability to demonstrate a professional competency in structural engineering. An experience of working on a wide range of projects encompassing superstructures and substructures. Must have an ability to design and inspect steel, concrete and masonry structures to Eurocode Standards. To assist the Department in expanding its workload and gaining new opportunities
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Design of whole or elements of projects
- Drawing checking
- Meeting attendance
- Day-to-day running of projects
- Keep up to date with developments in civil and structural engineering standards
- Technical report writing
- Ability to carry out structural inspections of a variety of structures
- Client satisfaction
- Technical delivery of projects
- Financial delivery projects on time and on budget.
Experience & Skills Required:
- Strong experience in civil and structural engineering
- Must have excellent communication skills in order to have interaction with clients and other design team members
- Detailed knowledge of relevant design codes
- Experience in structural inspections an advantage
- Ability to lead a team, giving guidance and support and training as and when necessary.
- Degree in Civil or Structural Engineering.
- Member of a professional institution, ICE or IStructE Chartered, CEng
Only Bureau Veritas can offer:
Structured development programmes, from apprentice to chartered engineer, to help you fulfil your potential, including face to face and e-learning programmes
The opportunity to deliver excellence for high profile clients, including some of the world's most recognised brands. A long list of awards recognition including Top Employer five years in a row and continued success in the RoSPA Occupational Health and Safety Awards
Comprehensive financial package including competitive salary and allowances, defined contribution pension, 25 days holiday plus Bank Holidays, various insurances including Private Health Insurance and other flexible benefits to suit individual requirements
Please be aware that all roles within Bureau Veritas UK&I may require a DBS, Credit or Security Clearance Check.
Bureau Veritas isan equal opportunity employer. No job applicant or employee shall receive less favourable treatment because of their gender, marital or civil partnership status, sexual orientation, colour, race, ethnic origin, religion, disability or age.
Bureau Veritas operates a strict Code of Ethics that ensures the proper conduct of our day-to-day business.
Created in 1828, Bureau Veritas is a global leader in Testing, Inspection and Certification (TIC), delivering high quality services to help clients meet the growing challenges of quality, safety, environmental protection and social responsibility.
As a trusted partner, Bureau Veritas offers innovative solutions that go beyond simple compliance with regulations and standards, reducing risk, improving performance and promoting sustainable development.
Bureau Veritas core values include integrity and ethics, impartial counsel and validation, customer focus and safety at work.
Bureau Veritas is recognized and accredited by major national and international organizations.