Houston, Texas, United States
Houston, Texas, United States
Skills: Chemical Engineering, Production Engineering, Well Servicing & Testing
Other Skills: Chemist, Process Engineer, Field Service Tech, Mud Engineer / Drilling Fluids
Experience: 4 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Houston, Texas, United States
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Authorized to work in: US
Position: Production Services Engineer
Location: Houston, TX
Minerals Technologies Inc. (MTI) is a resource- and technology-based company that develops, produces and markets worldwide a broad range of specialty mineral, mineral-based and synthetic mineral products and related systems and services. The Company has four reportable segments: Specialty Minerals, Performance Materials, Refractories and Energy Services.
The Energy Services segment provides services to improve the production, costs, compliance, and environmental impact of activities performed in the oil and gas industry. This segment offers a range of patented and unpatented technologies, products and services for all phases of oil and gas production throughout the world.
MTI provides a business environment and promotes a culture that encourages all employees to contribute to our success. We have long been committed to the recruitment and advancement of the most talented and qualified people. We recognize that MTI's ability to provide the highest caliber of products and services is enhanced by a workforce that reflects the diversity of the communities and countries in which we work.
We currently have an exciting opportunity for a Production Services Engineer at our Houston, Texas location.
- Take full ownership for planning, leading and executing offshore produced water process performance surveys (known as ORCA Studies at CETCO). The ORCA Surveys involve fluid sampling/analysis, process monitoring and technology testing, to establish current process performance and identify solutions. Follow on solutions include deployment of CETCO produced water service personnel and equipment, or sale of new process equipment.
- Surveys usually involve one or two personnel, hence the successful candidate will have practical hands on sampling and analysis capability and be able to work on own initiative.
- Interface with sales personnel and their clients to identify objectives and develop work-scopes for field studies.
- Meet with senior field managers to ensure that buy in of client's production personnel and ensure that the work-scopes are executed in a safe and efficient manner.
- Carry out data monitoring, sampling and analysis in the field, mentor and train others.
- Prepare proposals, work-scopes and post-job reports.
- Reports to Direct to PW Business Development Manager, with functional reporting line to Project Engineering Manager.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Self-Motivated, assertive and confident, interacting internally and externally at all levels.
- Working knowledge and understanding of Oil/Water Process Systems & Controls
- Working knowledge of Produced Water Chemistry in the Oil & Gas sector
- Excellent communicator, written and verbal
- Fluent in English language
- Logical problem solving ability
- Strategic, sales and commercial awareness
- Safety Conscious
- The ideal candidate will have minimum 5 years field experience, including time spent in the oilfield production environment.
- It is expected that the client will be degree qualified in Engineering, Chemistry, or other Science subject.
- Experienced field technicians will also be considered.
On a regular basis, there may be exposure to plant areas, onshore and offshore job sites which include exposure to outside weather conditions as well as loud noise from equipment and dust from production processes. May be in office environment and corporate meeting settings. Travel may include airplane, helicopter, boat and motor vehicle.
What We Offer:
- Competitive pay, commensurate with experience
- Health/Dental/Vision plans
- 401k company match
- Life Insurance
- Short Term Disability & Long Term Disability
- Educational Assistance
- Employee Assistance Plan
*Due to the volume of resumes we receive, only candidates meeting position requirements will be contacted.
CETCO Energy Services