Job Description Where you fit in
T&S is Shell Group's primary trading, supply, distribution and shipping business. With this T&S is the central nervous system for Shell, linking its businesses together by making sure the right products are delivered at the right time to the right market for our customers - whether those customers are Shell businesses or third parties.
In Germany, Austria, Switzerland (DACH) T&S completes the supply chain with seven Shell terminals and a network of road transport routes in addition to rail and barge transports. This role will be a key part of the T&S Reliability and Integrity Team, tasked with consistently meeting our high global standards of safety, quality and operational excellence.What's the role?
The purpose of this position is to manage the Reliability and Integrity program within Trading and Supply terminals in the Northern DACH area with special focus on Terminal Hamburg Harburg (THH). In this role you will work with facility engineers and terminal operations as well as external consultants and contractors supporting the assets. As Senior R&I engineer your task is to provide technical advisory on maintenance and integrity related work and ensure completion of critical maintenance and inspection activities.
The R&I Engineer's responsibilities include:
- Proposal of optimum inspection and maintenance strategy in compliance with local regulatory obligations and Shell Group Standards
- Record, maintain, and monitor reliability and integrity performance and targets to ensure correct field implementation of the standards
- Implementation, monitoring and review of asset integrity programs, including TIP (tank)/P (piping) IP/J (jetty)IP inspection programs
- Maximize efficiencies in executing maintenance tasks through reviewing the way maintenance is presently undertaken and examining alternative strategies
- Preventive maintenance to terminal assets in accordance with the DGAME reliability and integrity processes
- Maintenance engineering on reliability and integrity issues involved in major repair works, including tank, piping and jetty inspection
- Coordination with the Maintenance Execution Team to ensure the Reliability and Integrity Program is accurately translated into a proactive maintenance schedule and implemented on an on-going basis
- Coordination with the THH site demolishing team to ensure demolished or abandoned equipment is addressed in the correct way
- Ensure all inspections done on critical assets are executed and reviewed to ensure condition meets the minimum requirements before returning to service
At Shell Germany, our drive is to employ world-class individuals. We employ 4,200 people whose careers have benefitted from our industry-leading career development programme and unrivalled inhouse access to local and global experts. We are active in many areas such as Gas, Gas Marketing, Manufacturing & Distribution of oil products, Petrochemicals as well as Research & Development. Shell in Germany is one of the biggest retailers of energy products and one of the largest refinery operators. Our extensive R&D facilities in Hamburg allow us to offer a broad range of expertise on Retail Fuels, Lubes, and Marine, Power and Engine Vehicle Technology. Shell began operations in Germany in 1902.Requirements What we need from you
- As this role requires close and trust-based collaboration with engineering and operations teams on site, we are looking for an experienced communicator, who can openly address compliance and integrity issues and propose a realistic gap closure plan. Furthermore, candidates with the following skills and experiences qualify for the role of R&I Engineer:
- Bachelor or Master degree in (mechanical) engineering
- Minimum of 8 years of practical experience in an inspection and maintenance environment related to the oil business (e.g. refineries or depots)
- A certification in inspection (e.g. API570, API653, EEMUA159 or equivalent) is seen as a huge advantage
- Additional proven skills related to codes and standards, material and corrosion science, Non-Destructive Testing, inspection, welding, and failure analysis
- Knowledge of German legislation related to maintenance and operations of assets
- Continuous improvement mindset and experience with setting up and controlling Quality Assurance/Quality Control processes
- Fluency in German and English
Please note: We occasionally amend or withdraw Shell jobs and reserve the right to do so at any time, including prior to the advertised closing date.
Before applying, you are advised to read our data protection policy. This policy describes the processing that may be associated with your personal data and informs you that your personal data may be transferred to Royal Dutch/Shell Group companies around the world.
The Shell Group and its approved recruitment consultants will never ask you for a fee to process or consider your application for a career with Shell. Anyone who demands such a fee is not an authorised Shell representative and you are strongly advised to refuse any such demand.
Shell is an Equal Opportunity Employer.