Skills: QA / QC / Inspection
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Salisbury, England, United Kingdom
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Oceaneering is a global provider of engineered services and products, primarily to the offshore energy industry. We develop products and services for use throughout the lifecycle of an offshore oilfield, from drilling to decommissioning. We operate the world's premier fleet of work class ROVs. Additionally, we are a leader in offshore oilfield maintenance services, umbilicals, subsea hardware, and tooling. We also use applied technology expertise to serve the defense, entertainment, material handling, aerospace, science, and renewable energy industries.
Completion of Inspections in accordance with the Written Scheme of Examinations and/or Approved specifications, including provision of final inspection report.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Develop Writen Schemes of Examination as part of inspection preparations
- Complete First Pass examinations of equipment to accurately identify preparation for inspection and Non Destructive Testing (NDT) requirements
- Plan (Scope) and carry out Inspection of plant and pipework in compliancewith the Written Scheme of Examination
- Inspection of all process pressure systems, inspection of steam generating plant, decommissioned/out of service equipment in compliance with Oceaneering and client procedures
- Raise Repair Orders/Corrective MMS Work Orders when required, providing a detailed description of the defect and location together with relevant up-to-date documentation and photographic evidence
- Carry out Repair Order closeout inspectionswhen required
- Issue an interim report of examination stating the suitability for further service. Complete the inspection report including recommended or required actions, next period of service between inspections in line with current RBI
recommendations or client recommended intervals, within 28 days of the inspection. Modify the Written Scheme based on inspection findings
- Inform the Senior Inspection Engineer, without delay, when any inspected equipmentor NDE results indicate the item is not Fit-for-Service
- Review and endorse NDT reports in a timely manner and instigate Inspection Queries as required
- Verify the application of NDT methods for vessel and pipework inspection, inform NDT personnel of requirements Specify NDT techniques where necessary maximise the use of non-invasive inspection techniqueswhere possible
- Carry out the II A briefing/ToolBox Talks to all visiting Inspection/NDT Personnel provided for specific jobs by the Project Manager
- Maintain a contemporaneous record of daily activities
- Maintain assigned Logs or Registers up-to-date and in accordance with Oceaneering/client procedures
- WSE, Scope and Report Approval & Acceptance.
- Driving excellence in attention to detail and delivering project standards.
- Auditing of reports
- Support the Project Engineerin the progression of the project and all project related activities.
- Deputise in meetings in the absence of the SIE
Ensure that the Safety policies and procedures are understood and adhered to so far as is reasonably practicable in order to ensure a safe working environment.
Carry out work in accordance with the Company Health, Safety, Environmental and QualitySystems.
Perform the assigned tasks with due diligence regarding the Integrated Management Systems of the Company.
Eliminate waste of whatever form, to suggest the use of more environmentally friendly substances and practices and contribute to the continuous improvement of the environment.
This position has direct supervisory responsibilities.