Skills: NDT Technician
Experience: 5 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Southampton, England, United Kingdom
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Oceaneering is a global provider of engineered services and products, primarily to the offshore energy industry. We develop products and services for use throughout the lifecycle of an offshore oilfield, from drilling to decommissioning. We operate the world's premier fleet of work class ROVs. Additionally, we are a leader in offshore oilfield maintenance services, umbilicals, subsea hardware, and tooling. We also use applied technology expertise to serve the defense, entertainment, material handling, aerospace, science, and renewable energy industries.
Reports to the site supervisor/ superintendent, ensuring the safe, efficient and profitable day-to-day NDT inspection job for our clients. Corrosion monitoring/ mapping, report writing, communication, safety, NDT inspection and corrosion monitoring for pipes, structures, vessels, tanks, raisers, etc are an integral part of the job.
Duties & Responsibilities
- To undertake Manual Handling, Transportation of Dangerous Goods (radioactive materials) and Rope Access, where applicable.
- To be able to establish the most effective NDT techniques on components requiring inspection.
- Evaluate results of the tests in accordance with applicable specification whilst being supervised.
- Produce clear and concise reports detailing the methods used for the inspection.
- Carry out work in accordance with Oceaneering operating procedures and statutory/client specifications and requirements, where applicable.
- Carry out work in accordance with the Company Health, Safety, Environmental and Quality Systems.
- Undertake any other duties of a reasonable nature as required by Management
Ensure that the Safety policies and procedures are understood and adhered to so far as is reasonably practicable in order to ensure a safe working environment.
Carry out work in accordance with the Company Health, Safety, Environmental and Quality Systems.
Perform the assigned tasks with due diligence regarding the Integrated Management Systems of the Company.
Eliminate waste of whatever form, to suggest the use of more environmentally friendly substances and practices and contribute to the continuous improvement of the environment.
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
- Reports to the Operations Supervisor and Operations Manager
- Peers include NDT Technicians and Clients
- PCN/ / ASNT - RT - Level 2 - Radiographic Testing
- PCN/ CSWIP/ ASNT - MT - Level 2 - Magnetic Particle Testing
- PCN certificates are preferred to third party ASNT certificates.
- PCN/ CSWIP/ ASNT - PT - Level 2 - Dye/ Liquid Penetrant Testing
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, and Other Characteristics
- Min 5 years solid experience in NDT Inspection. Petro-Chem Industry experience an advantage
- Radiographic Interpretation
This position is considered Shop/Outdoors which is characterized as follows.
- Work location mainly outdoors with weather conditions effecting work environment, hot/cold, areas under test having high temp surfaces, confined space, working at height requiring ladder and stair use, noise e.g. above 85 db, dusty environments, all these conditions can have safety systems to help reduce or remove the hazard if no various PPE will be employed i.e. RPE Respiratory Protective Equipment, Hearing protection, Safety Spectacles/Goggles
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This position is considered LIGHT work.