Skills: QA / QC / Inspection
Experience: 5 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Southampton, England, United Kingdom
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Oceaneering is a global provider of engineered services and products, primarily to the offshore energy industry. We develop products and services for use throughout the lifecycle of an offshore oilfield, from drilling to decommissioning. We operate the world's premier fleet of work class ROVs. Additionally, we are a leader in offshore oilfield maintenance services, umbilicals, subsea hardware, and tooling. We also use applied technology expertise to serve the defense, entertainment, material handling, aerospace, science, and renewable energy industries.
Duties & Responsibilities
Completion of inspections in accordance with the Written Scheme of Examinations and / or Approved specifications, including provision of final inspection report.
- Complete First Pass examinations of equipment to accurately identify preparation for inspection and Non Destructive Testing (NDT) requirements.
- Plan and carry out Inspection of plant and pipework in compliance with the client's Written Scheme of Examination
- Inspection of all process pressure systems, inspection of steam generating plant, decommissioned / out of service equipment in compliance with client procedures
- Raise Repair Orders / Corrective MMS Work Orders when required, providing a detailed description of the defect and location together with relevant up-to-date documentation and photographic evidence
- Carry out Repair Order close out inspections when required
- Issue an interim report of examination stating the suitability for further service. Complete the inspection report including recommended or required actions, next period of services between inspections in line with client recommended intervals, within 28 days of the inspection. Modify the Written Scheme based on inspection findings
- Inform Senior Inspection Engineer, without delay, when any inspected equipment or NDE results indicate the item is not Fit-For-Service
- Review and endorse NDT reports in a timely manner and instigate Inspection Queries as required
- Verify the application of NDT methods for vessel and pipework inspection, inform NDT personnel of requirements Specify NDT techniques where necessary maximize the use of non-invasive inspection techniques where possible
- Actively participate in client job starts
- Maintain a contemporaneous record of daily activities
- Maintain assigned Logs or Registers up-to-date and in accordance with Oceaneering / client procedures
Ensure that the Safety policies and procedures are understood and adhered to so far as is reasonably practicable in order to ensure a safe working environment.
Carry out work in accordance with the Company Health, Safety, Environmental and Quality Systems.
Perform the assigned tasks with due diligence regarding the Integrated Management Systems on the Company.
Eliminate waste of whatever form, to suggest the use of more environmentally friendly substances and practices and contribute to the continuous improvement of the environment.
- This position has NO direct supervisory responsibilities.
- UKAS RG2 Category 3 compatible (E)
- Appropriate HNC / HND qualification (P)
- EngTech accreditation with the Engineering Council or equivalent (P)
- Working towards a Degree in Engineering related discipline (P)
- Working towards and Incorporated Engineer accreditation with the Engineering Council or equivalent (P)
- API 510 Pressure Vessel Inspector and API 570 Piping Inspection certification (P)
- API 653 Tank Inspections certification (P)
- NDT certification for core techniques desirable
- Minimum 5 years of specific experience related to the job description (E)
- Must be able to demonstrate working knowledge of design, manufacture, metallurgy, welding, codes, standards, risk assessments and legislation associated with the in-service inspection of plant and equipment (E)
- Must be familiar with QA/QC systems and procedures, NDE techniques (E)
- Ability to generate a team approach to problem solving and a good communicator, both written and verbal (E)
We offer a competitive salary, a comprehensive benefits package and the opportunity to advance in an international company. To apply, click 'Apply Now'.