Oceaneering is a global provider of engineered services and products, primarily to the offshore energy industry. We develop products and services for use throughout the lifecycle of an offshore oilfield, from drilling to decommissioning. We operate the world's premier fleet of work class ROVs. Additionally, we are a leader in offshore oilfield maintenance services, umbilicals, subsea hardware, and tooling. We also use applied technology expertise to serve the defense, entertainment, material handling, aerospace, science, and renewable energy industries. Duties & Responsibilities
The Global Business Development Manager (GIBD) will be responsible for developing strategies and plans for the achievement of revenue and profitability goals for the Service Lines comprising Asset Integrity, develop market understanding and drive the business toward that, strategically manage customer relationships and develop and maintain a value based sales and marketing strategy and portfolio. Manage the global team of regional BD and Sales resources, manage the Global Commercial, Post Contract and Front End remit, in addition to Global Marketing & Communications. The GIBD is also responsible for the maintenance and development of the global BP account and other large accounts through direct leadership of the 'Strategic Development Manager' based in Aberdeen. The front end P&L responsibility for the global AI business rests with the subject position holder and is shared Regionally with RM's.
The GIBD will work closely with the Regional Managers, Commercial and the BD teams to drive the business and the value proposition towards the market requirements and out client's strategic plans. The GIBD shall support and drive organic growth as well as actively develop non-organic growth through acquisitions and strategic partnerships.
The role will interface with internal stakeholders alongside the Company's external clients and therefore the GIBD must possess excellent communication skills and be able to effectively communicate across a global organization.
It is also expected that the GIBD will liaise closely with BDMs from other Business Units and stay appraised of Corporate directed BD activities and guidelines.Functions
Secure new business opportunities aligned to the agreed annual sales targets and Growth Strategy, including but not limited to :
- Develop Global and Regional Capture Plans and respective win strategies for key tenders
- Lead contract negotiations for New Business and Contract Renewals
- Liaise with internal and external stakeholders to address any queries arising
- Track New Business Development opportunities, utilizing market knowledge and market intelligence tools to identify projects and new Customers.
- Report sales, Contract win performance, backlog and prospects in Flash
- Co-Lead Monthly Business Review calls with the SVP, BU Finance Controller and Global Commercial Manager.
- Develop strong relationships with Key Clients and Potential Clients at the appropriate levels operating within the Oil & Gas, renewables and other industries to promote the services of the Company. Including but not limited to:
- With client, drive the business to align with market needs and develop viable commercial models that enables value based pricing of the Integrity service.
- Use existing contacts to locate the decision makers (strategic decisions makers and buyers) at key companies and build relationships
- Develop new contacts when there are none available
- Influence key decision makers and drive tactical sales
- Engage with clients though presentations and communication at the highest level with a value focussed message.
- Support Development of marketing materials through leading the Global Marketing &Comms Manager.
- Represent Oceaneering Asset Integrity at trade shows, professional meetings, and industry forums.
- Setup and attend demonstrations to educate Potential Clients and existing Customers to drive new sales
- Develop and maintain Business Development reporting tools in order to effectively communicate with and influence business Leadership regarding any and all Business Development activity. Including but not limited to:
- Responsible for providing up-to-date sales and forecasting reports through the corporate Customer Relationship Management (CRM) system
- Competitor intelligence
- Review market analyses with Regional Managers to determine Customer needs and pricing strategies
- Monitor and evaluate the activities and products of the competition
- New technology opportunities
- Potential acquisition targets& Partnerships
International Travel -as required.
The above is not an exhaustive list of duties and the GIBD will be expected to perform other tasks as directed by Management to capture business in a continually changing global business environment. Safety
Ensure that the Safety policies and procedures are understood and adhered to so far as is reasonably practicable in order to ensure a safe working environment.Other
Carry out work in accordance with the Company Health, Safety, Environmental and Quality Systems.
Perform the assigned tasks with due diligence regarding the Integrated Management Systems on the Company.
Eliminate waste of whatever form, to suggest the use of more environmentally friendly substances and practices and contribute to the continuous improvement of the environment. Supervisory Responsibilities
- This position has direct supervisory responsibilities.
- Reports to the Sr. VP, Asset Integrity
Degree in relevant subject, lack of formal qualification may be compensated by extensive industry experience from relevant businesses. Closing Statement
We offer a competitive salary, a comprehensive benefits package and the opportunity to advance in an international company. To apply, click 'Apply Now'.