Galena Park, Texas, United States
Galena Park, Texas, United States
Skills: Electrical Technician, Instrumentation Technician
Experience: 1 + Years
Education: Associates/2 yr Degree/Diploma
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Galena Park, Texas, United States
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Targa Resources (Targa) is a leading provider of midstream natural gas and NGL services in the United States. We own and operate approximately 12,090 miles of natural gas and NGL pipelines, with natural gas gathering systems covering approximately 14,400 square miles and 21 natural gas processing plants. We have an expanding gathering and processing footprint across multiple shale and natural resource plays, including the Permian Basin, Barnett Shale, Bakken Shale, onshore Louisiana and the Gulf of Mexico.
Targa is currently seeking a Developmental I&E Technician for their facility located in Galena Park, Texas.
Job Duties / Responsibilities
• Learn and understand Targa's Safety Policies and Procedures and Business Ethics Policies. Plan and perform all assignments in a safe manner by utilizing the proper tools, safety and environmental precautions and reporting, permitting, and Process Safety Management, and have a basic knowledge of the effect his work will have on his co-workers and the plant and field operations. (Verification of understanding will be completed using the training checklist
• Work with co-workers in the response to emergency situations requiring coordination, equipment or plant shutdown, and/or evacuation
• Utilize proper Lockout/Tag out operating and safety procedures
• Ability to work and train in all facility departments and work multiple schedules if required
• Maintain PM/Calibration records
• Ability to work under DOT,OQ, USCG and PSM regulations
• Meet continuing guidelines as part of the Dev. Tec Program.
Minimum Essential Qualifications
• High School Diploma or Equivalency
• Valid drivers license
• Able to obtain a valid TWIC card
• Able to lift push - pull a min of 70#
• Able to work while kneeling, squatting, sitting, climbing and standing
• Able to pass I&E Technician proficiency test
• Able to work as a member of a diverse work group / team
• Interpersonal communication skills are required in order to interface with all affected teams, personnel, and vendors; able to work in a self-directed work team.
• Ability to learn all Microsoft Office software modules, including Word, Outlook, and Excel.
• Must work with a minimum of supervision and be able to manage their time when given multiple tasks.
• Must be able to climb with no fear of hights or tight spaces
• Self-starter with mechanical aptitude
• Works with minimal supervision and able to manage time when given multiple task
• Job occasionally requires work over water
• Ability to work overtime, weekends, holidays and able to respond to call outs as needed to fulfill business objectives and the ability to work abnormal work shifts for plant conditions
• Basic understanding of computer programs
• 1+ years in the gas processing or related business
• Two year associates degree- electrical /maintenance /operations with experience in the construction or petrochemical industry
• Understanding and use of test equipment
• Basic understanding of instrumentation devices
• Read and understand P&ID's and ISA Symbols
Targa offers a very competitive compensation and benefits package.
Targa Resources is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
To apply please go to http://www.targaresources.com/careers/careers-overview
This position is subject to federally mandated drug/alcohol testing.