Skills: HR - General, HR - Recruitment
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: London, England, United Kingdom
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Located in region: Europe
Raeburn offers an exciting opportunity to get a staff HR Manager role with one of the well established oil and gas companies.
To provide general and functional HR management support to the Corporate office, Falkland Islands Business Unit (FIBU) and global HR Teams.
- As part of the Group HR Leadership Team, responsible for the development of suitable strategies, processes and policies to attract, retain and utilise the skills and expertise of company employees and contractors to manage and grow the business effectively.
- Work closely with the Head of HR and Reward and the HR Director to drive HR activity across the Group.
- As part of the FIBU Leadership Team, accountable to provide HR input into the project stages of the Sea Lion asset, including HR issues in the UK, the Falkland Islands and international project execution sites.
- Responsible for taking part in and, where required, leading corporate project teams to develop new ideas and initiatives. Assists in merger and acquisition (M&A) activity including due diligence, planning, integration and post integration activity.
- Responsible to customise, implement and manage company HR processes in Corporate/FIBU including:
- Lead the Managed Services Contract (MSP) and HR team to ensure all recruitment and on boarding activity is approved and progressed in a timely manner.
- Provide a continuous focus to build a diverse workforce with an inclusive culture. Provide oversight of the London performance management cycle and salary review cycle
- Manage Employee Relations cases including redundancy, grievance & disciplinary
- Manage organisational structure changes
- Manage the annual headcount budgeting process and workforce plans
- Ensure HR policies are fit for purpose to attract, engage and retain workers.
- Own the HR related aspects of the Corporate and FIBU Emergency Response processes, ensuring processes and competence are maintained.
- Responsible for coaching line managers to develop their people management skills. Assist and provide advice and guidance as required.
- Provide HR operational guidance to the Global HR teams, particularly in Vietnam, Indonesia and Brazil. Ensure the appropriate processes, policies and procedures are developed and implemented in line with those elsewhere in the company. Manage the HR aspects of new country entry.
- Responsible for the activities and performance of direct reports; HR Advisor and HR Administrator
- Responsible for HR related corporate governance activities including the coordination of HR risks and audit activities, chairing of the HR Risk Council, chairing of the UK Policy Council, oversight of HRs Business Management System, coordination of HRs Corporate Governance Return, management of the employee section of the Corporate Responsibility Report and participant of the FIBU CSR Team.
- Managing difficult conversations with employees, contractors and managers about strategies, standards of behaviour and remuneration.
- Managing a busy and diverse portfolio of activity, delivering against Corporate and Business Unit activity, whilst supporting the Head of HR and Reward and the HR Director to influence and drive outcomes across the Group
FINANCIAL ACCOUNTABILITY AND DIMENSIONS:
- Not Applicable
MANAGEMENT RELATIONSHIPS (INCLUDE DIRECT / INDIRECT REPORTS, EXTERNAL PARTIES):
Direct reports (internal employees / external parties):
- HR Advisor
- HR Administrator
Indirect (internal employees / external parties):
- Head of HR & Reward
- Reward and Benefits Coordinator
- HR Advisor (Talent, L&D and Engagement)
- Resourcing Consultant (MSP)
- Business unit based HR Managers
- FIBU Leadership Team
- 150+ employees and long term contractors in London
- Bachelors degree in a relevant discipline
- CIPD Qualified
CANDIDATE PROFILE (INCLUDE SKILLS & EXPERIENCE, ATTRIBUTES, BEHAVIOURS):
Skills and Experience:
- Experience of delivering and overseeing local/regional/group wide HR programmes within a multinational company.
- Experience in managing a team of HR generalists.
- M&A and project management experience highly regarded.
- Substantial generalist knowledge overseeing the delivery of recruitment (perm and contractor), HR operations, employee relations, reward and benefits, talent, employee engagement, learning and development, and organisation change projects.
- Knowledge of employment law, including exposure to international approaches to HR management.
- Strong relationship builder and manager, with the gravitas to quickly build rapport with senior stakeholders, employees/contractors and direct reports alike.
- Able to quickly grasp business challenges, prioritise actions, and at the same time plan ahead for more strategic activities, in line with Corporate HR plans
- Comfortable managing multiple priorities and demands from different stakeholders, whilst driving results
- Team player, with strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- High level of cross-cultural awareness
ADDITIONAL ROLE REQUIREMENTS:
- Member of the Relative Response Team in the event of an emergency.
The above is intended to provide a description of the key ACCOUNTABILITIES and RESPONSIBILITIES of the role. Day to day duties and responsibilities attached to the role may change from time to time without changing the general character or the level of responsibility entailed.
Only those with the Right to Work in the UK should apply. Raeburn do not have the ability to provide visa sponsorship, therefore current valid ability to work in the UK is required.
Established in 1981, Raeburn has more than 34 years’ experience supporting our clients in the UK and international Oil & Gas and Petro-Chemical Industries.
Raeburn is built upon a solid foundation of experience and genuine hands on appreciation of our client’s project and operational developments - from the very first generation of UKCS offshore platforms to onshore refineries, tension leg platforms, pipeline and subsea completions, deep water projects, FPSO developments and de-commissioning projects, Raeburn have effectively supported our clients at all stages of their UKCS and international upstream and downstream projects and operational requirements with qualified and experienced multi-disciplined personnel.
Our combined knowledge of worldwide Oil & Gas & Petro-Chemical projects both onshore and offshore, operations and standards, our unmatched professional technical and commercial recruitment experience, pay-rolling services, access to one of the world’s largest Oil & Gas & Petro-Chemical specific databases, and our proven experience in the fields of international Visa, Work Permits, Payroll and Taxation management, ensures that Raeburn are best placed to support our clients with their recruitment needs, and provide support and advice on industry related matters.
Raeburn are fully committed to supporting our clients with all their recruitment and on-boarding requirements, and have the scalable structure, experience and dedication to provide a high quality, unrivalled and professional services enhancing efficiency and adding value to our clients’ businesses.
Raeburn have an outstanding track record of delivery for the Oil & Gas & Petro-Chemical industry’s major operators, service companies and contractors at all stages of their developments both in the UK and internationally. We are aware of the ever changing recruitment market and the need to ensure we are pro-active in the delivery of recruitment services provided to our clients, specifically in terms of legislation, technology and contractual demands.
Raeburn’s growing success is built upon our knowledge and expertise within the Oil & Gas and Petro-Chemical industries delivering the very highest of standards and reliability in sourcing the very best talent available in the market. Raeburn’s management and our teams of dedicated recruitment professionals are committed entirely to delivery and support for our clients now and in the future.