Skills: Electrical Engineering, Instrument & Controls Engineer
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: United Kingdom
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Senior Engineer (E&I)
Looking for a new challenge? If you are passionate about offshore safety and prevention of major accidents, put your experience and knowledge into practice with a varied and rewarding career in Verification with Bureau Veritas. You could be working with a range of Duty Holders in the North Sea and beyond, helping to ensure compliance, improve safety and prevent major accidents by verifying the suitability and performance of equipment including certification of assets ensuring that maintenance procedures are effective and that the asset continues to meet legislative requirements.
We are currently recruiting for an Electrical Engineer to join one of our client project teams supporting with design review of modification projects as well as ongoing suitability of existing assets. A background in electrical / instrumentation engineering is essential, as is experience across the full asset lifecycle.
Bureau Veritas is proud of the key role it plays in supporting the continued safety of offshore assets, systems and people in the North Sea and internationally. This is your opportunity to join a world-leading and award winning professional services company in a role that has a tangible impact on offshore safety culture and performance.
- To safely carry out high quality onshore and offshore examinations and assessments for UK North Sea offshore installations such as FPSOs, platforms, semi-submersibles and subsea
- To conduct design review, surveys, examinations, maintenance/inspection reviews and technical audits both onshore and offshore against Performance Standards, Legislation and International Standards
- To develop and/or implement Verification Schemes in line with UK legislation
- To produce and deliver high quality, clear and concise Technical Reports to clients outlining your Findings
- To act as an advisor to clients and colleagues, providing technical and legislative advice where necessary
- To deliver customer excellence, operating in the professional, friendly and assured manner expected of all client-facing Bureau Veritas engineers
Candidate requirements include:
- Degree qualifiedin Electrical / Instrumentation Engineering or extensive equivalent experience in lieu of qualification
- Demonstrable engineering experience in a similar field within the offshore industry (e.g. Verification / Surveyor / Maintenance / Inspection)
- Knowledge and experience of the design, construction, commissioning and operation of offshore installations
- Knowledge and understanding of applicable legislation (e.g. Offshore Safety Case Regulations) is a significant advantage
- Excellent technical report writing skills and the ability to articulate technical information concisely both verbally and in written format
- Experience of ISO9001 would be beneficial
Personal attributes required:
- Proven technical knowledge and understanding
- Comfortable operating independently with individual responsibility for allocated activities, and as part of a team when needed
- Excellent customer service manner, with strong communications and interpersonal skills
- Ability to build lasting relationships with clients
Created in 1828, Bureau Veritas is a global leader in Testing, Inspection and Certification (TIC), delivering high quality services to help clients meet the growing challenges of quality, safety, environmental protection and social responsibility.
As a trusted partner, Bureau Veritas offers innovative solutions that go beyond simple compliance with regulations and standards, reducing risk, improving performance and promoting sustainable development.
Bureau Veritas core values include integrity and ethics, impartial counsel and validation, customer focus and safety at work.
Bureau Veritas is recognized and accredited by major national and international organizations.