Skills: Manufacturing Engineering
Experience: 2 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: St. Louis, Missouri, United States
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
A WORLD LEADER IN TESTING, INSPECTION & CERTIFICATION SERVICES
Bureau Veritas offers dynamic, exciting employment opportunities with an attractive salary/benefit package and an opportunity to play a vital role with a global organization. If you would enjoy working in a dynamic environment and are looking for an opportunity to become part of a stellar team of professionals, we invite you to apply online today.
Bureau Veritas is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and as such we recruit, hire, train, and promote persons in all job classifications without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, sexual orientation, genetics, status as a protected veteran, or any other non-job-related characteristics.
This position is responsible to ensure equal opportunity in employment in that all persons are treated equally and on the basis of merit, in decisions regarding selection, placement, promotions, training, work assignments, transfers and other personnel actions.
Industrial Hygiene Associate I
Role Purpose Statement: The incumbent will execute industrial hygiene monitoring/sampling projects. While the prominent technical area associated with this position is Industrial Hygiene, a basic technical skillset in Safety is also desirable. The incumbent will be an energetic self-starter with the ability to work independently and produce results within budget and timeframe. This is largely an industrial hygiene technician role; any project management requirements will be relatively limited.
Provides comprehensive industrial hygiene consulting services:
- As directed by the project manager, executes industrial hygiene projects within set organizational procedures and standards.
- In close routine collaboration with the external customer, executes an agreed-to service plan. Reports progress on plan completion as directed. Works with numerous internal and external stakeholders as required
- Relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals; also takes maximum advantage of a mentoring relationship provided by the external customer's senior industrial hygiene staff.
- Provides input to client relationship managers or business development staff on potential new Health, Safety and Environmental projects.
- Requires a bachelor's degree. Minimum 2-4 years of experience in the field or in a related area required. A post-graduate degree in industrial hygiene or a related field may be considered as a substitute for years of experience.
- Possesses knowledge of industrial hygiene technical subject matter and how to apply it in real-life settings. Highly familiar with standard concepts, practices, and procedures within the industrial hygiene field.
- Ensures compliance with all environmental, health and safety regulations, and keeps abreast of any changes to laws and regulations that impact the organization.
Key Performance Indicators:
- Meets annually established goals for personally-generated revenue, effective labor rate, and utilization %
- Meets annually established goals for Customer satisfaction
- Pursues ongoing professional development as mutually agreed with the Business Unit Manager
- Customer needs are met on a timely basis and emergencies are responded to quickly.
- Demonstrates the ability to successfully execute technical projects with minimal supervision
Minimum Education / Experience & other requirements:
- Bachelor's Degree in a field of study applicable to the job
- Minimum 2-4 years related experience
- Experience in aerospace or manufacturing sector preferred
- Ability to interact with all staff/clients/contractors in a professional manner
- Solid report writing skills
- Solid verbal and presentation skills
- Good organizational skills
- A great deal of creativity and self-starter initiative is required. This position entails routine ongoing work and collaboration with numerous customer stakeholders - all of whom need to be 'satisfied' with respect to project purpose, scope, and tactics
If you are an individual with a disability and you would like us to assist you with searching the Careers Page site for employment opportunities and/or assistance with completing your profile and application, please contact us at 1-888-357-7020 or email us with your request to USinfor@us.bureauveritas.com We are happy to assist you and encourage you to consider Bureau Veritas for your next great career opportunity!
If you would like additional information regarding Bureau Veritas' federal obligations in regards to equal employment opportunity, please click the link below:
Created in 1828, Bureau Veritas is a global leader in Testing, Inspection and Certification (TIC), delivering high quality services to help clients meet the growing challenges of quality, safety, environmental protection and social responsibility.
As a trusted partner, Bureau Veritas offers innovative solutions that go beyond simple compliance with regulations and standards, reducing risk, improving performance and promoting sustainable development.
Bureau Veritas core values include integrity and ethics, impartial counsel and validation, customer focus and safety at work.
Bureau Veritas is recognized and accredited by major national and international organizations.