The Finance Advisor: GRA (Governance, Risk and Assurance) plays a critical role to ensure compliant business processes & operations for Hazira LNG & Port companies. The role is fully integrated with the core business operations with responsibilities spanning (1) Assurance on decision making/authorization levels at the Operating Unit (OU) in line with the Manual of Authorities; (2) Managing the overall assurance process for the two companies - LOD 1/2/3 Audits as well as wide array of Statutory Audits and (3) the Risk management framework for the two companies.
The Finance Advisor will serve as the face of Finance for opportunities or challenges prioritised based on value and risk and will be responsible for the delivery of Finance capability required to support Hazira terminal and Marine operations integrating across Integrated Gas and Shell Energy businesses for seamless business functioning.
- Principal owner of the overall risk management framework for Hazira companies conducting quarterly/annual risk management reviews across HSSE; LNG Terminal Operations; Port Operations; Marketing & Commercial; Projects; Finance; HR and Legal functions
- Develop & deliver the annual assurance plan for Hazira companies that effectively mitigates risks identified in various functions via the corporate risk management framework through a combination of Line of Defense (LOD) 1/2/3 audits in various functions, as well as various Statutory Audits like The International Ship and Port Facility Security (ISPS) Code for Port Operations; various ISO Certifications for Port/Terminal Operations; Financial Controls and various Tax audits (GST, Transfer Pricing and VAT)
- Liaise with all departments/functions listed above to monitor and track implementation of action items from various audits and internal reviews
- Lead the preparation of the annual Business Assurance Letter (BAL) for Hazira companies to provide assurance on effectiveness of controls in the business
- Implement a control framework to ensure that all business decisions; contracting levels; operational expenditure and investments are fully compliant to the Shell Manual of Authority at both Organizational and Corporate levels, especially as Hazira transitions from a NOV to SOV
- Focal point for assurance on the Ethics and Compliance framework for Hazira companies, including assurance/ training on Code of Conduct; Anti-Bribery & Corruption (ABC) trainings, etc
- Support digitalization efforts at Hazira with development/deployment of new risk management tools like Easy Risk Software; tools for compliance to control framework such as Greenlight, etc.
- Independently ensure that a proper functioning control framework is in place and that risks are properly understood, reflected and managed
- Independently ensure value and risks are made transparent and understood in both decision making and in performance management as well as ensuring a fit for performance management system is in place.
- Actively look for opportunities to reduce non value adding Finance activity ("demand management") and implement Continuous Improvement and ESSA, in delivery of processes.
Shell began operations in India more than 80 years ago. At Shell India, we invest in our people through our industry-leading development programme, which sees our employees thrive and gain access to experts on a local and global level. To date, we have invested more than US$ 1 billion already in India's energy sector alone in socially and environmentally responsible ways. It is the only global major to have a fuel retail license in India. The Shell Technology Centre Bangalore, STCB, is one of the three global hubs for technology in the Projects & Technology business of Royal Dutch Shell. In addition, we supply crude, chemicals and technology to public and private sector oil companies, and our Chennai Business Centre provides a wide range of finance, accounting and business services to Shell globally.Requirements Qualified Chartered Accountant and Company Secretary for handling regulatory compliances of a company secretary under the Companies Act.Strong communication skills and ability to conduct Board and Shareholder Meetings.Ability to apply a risk-based, practical approach to problem solvingUnderstanding of the Shell control framework and application of the control framework in ERPExperience handling Indian corporate law matters
Accounting & Reporting Knowledge
Risk Management & Financial Controls Skill
Process & Data Mgmt (incl Process Design and Implementation) Knowledge
Business Performance Management Knowledge
Business Partnering Skill
Governance & Assurance Skill
Group Accounting Policies & Standards Skill
Project Mgmt (including Change Management) Knowledge
Manage Internal Audit KnowledgeDisclaimer
Please note: We occasionally amend or withdraw Shell jobs and reserve the right to do so at any time, including prior to the advertised closing date.
Before applying, you are advised to read our data protection policy. This policy describes the processing that may be associated with your personal data and informs you that your personal data may be transferred to Royal Dutch/Shell Group companies around the world.
The Shell Group and its approved recruitment consultants will never ask you for a fee to process or consider your application for a career with Shell. Anyone who demands such a fee is not an authorised Shell representative and you are strongly advised to refuse any such demand.
Shell is an Equal Opportunity Employer.