Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Aberdeen, Scotland, United Kingdom
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Authorized to work in: United Kingdom
Our client is looking for a Machine Shop Foreman for a permanent position, located in Dyce.
Will be responsible for managing Personnel, Machinery, Material and methods of manufacture, efficiently, safely and on time to a predetermined quality standard in a cost-effective manner that satisfies the production schedule.
- Provide leadership and direction to the Machine Shop team.
- Manage and control Machine Shop budget.
- Establish and work towards meeting agreed Machine Shop KPI's.
- Recruit, interview and induct potential employees required to satisfy DQE's Machine Shop production schedule.
- Manage Machine Shop rotas and employee timekeeping.
- Manage annual performance appraisals, identify training needs, updating all employee development plans and salary reviews as per Schedule.
- Conduct disciplinary investigations as and when required.
- Monitor Machine Shop NCR's / FPY and implement countermeasures to reduce and meet agreed quality KPI's.
- Participate in product design review meetings.
- Managing compliance of DQE Quality, OHSMS and Environmental policies and procedures, participation by self and department with Company policy on HSE behavioural change.
- Ensure a minimum or 11 monthly toolbox meetings are held annually and department housekeeping and safety inspections are conducted.
- Maintain agreed plant PPM schedules in conjunction with Maintenance.
- Drive and contribute to continuous improvement & lean initiatives.
- Time-served apprentice in an Engineering or Machining discipline
- Previous supervisory experience in machining and CNC programming within the Oil and Gas industry
- Manufacturing engineering experience, including materials and information flow, standardised operations, plant layout, waste elimination and continuous improvement
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Collaborative team building skills
- Proven ability to lead and develop teams
- Strong problem-solving skills
- HND in Engineering or Manufacturing
- Experienced in a world Class Manufacturing environment with a thorough understanding of Lean Tools
- Proven experience in MRP and ERP systems