The Air Program Coordinator (APC) for the Refinery at the Shell Norco Manufacturing Complex will have responsibility for maintaining compliance with various State and Federal air compliance regulations. The APC is responsible for providing guidance to Operations and Production to ensure the facility is in compliance with new regulations, EPA Consent Decree, and Title V Air Permits. The APC interfaces with various regulatory agencies (EPA, LDEQ etc.) and internal stakeholders.
The role will involve the following activities:
- Supervises multiple contractors;
- Manages sample data and associated tracking programs;
- Develops and manages program budgets;
- Evaluates extensive range of regulatory requirements;
- Manages databases used for reporting and recordkeeping;
- Works with a wide range of technical and operating personnel, agency personnel and corporate resources;
- Communicates environmental impacts and/or positions that are at times adverse to perceived short-term business interests;
- Drives compliance projects via capital projects.
Shell is a global group of energy and petrochemical companies with about 84,000 employees across more than 70 countries. We aim to meet the world's growing need for more and cleaner energy solutions in ways that are economically, environmentally and socially responsible. We have expertise in exploration, production, refining and marketing of oil and natural gas, and the manufacturing and marketing of chemicals.
As a global energy company operating in a challenging world, we set high standards of performance and ethical behaviors. We are judged by how we act and how we live up to our core values of honesty, integrity and respect for people. Our Business Principles are based on these. They promote trust, openness, teamwork and professionalism, as well as pride in what we do and how we conduct business.
Building on our core values, we aspire to sustain a diverse and inclusive culture where everyone feels respected and valued, from our employees to our customers and partners. A diverse workforce and an inclusive work environment are vital to our success, leading to greater innovation and better energy solutions.Requirements
- Must have legal authorization to work in the US on a full-time basis for anyone other than current employer
- Bachelor's degree in an Engineering discipline is a MUST.
- Minimum eight (8) years manufacturing/refinery/chemical plant experience.
- Expertise in NSPS Subpart J, NSPS Subpart Ja, Refinery MACT I and II, Title V Deviation or other similar reporting and air compliance support preferred.
- Must demonstrate ability to build strong positive working relationships based on a high level of trust and credibility with agency personnel, operations and maintenance personnel, and managers, supervisors and staff.
- Must prioritize and manage large numbers of regulatory programs, information requests and short term deadlines simultaneously.
- Must be able to balance long term projects and reporting deadlines with other daily tasks and responsibilities.
- Must be able to work with MS of office products and have general IT skills
- Process and detail oriented
- Strong analytical and communication skills preferred
- Experience in working cross culturally and virtually a plus
- Robust Communication and Stakeholder Management Skills
Please note: We occasionally amend or withdraw Shell jobs and reserve the right to do so at any time, including prior to the advertised closing date.
Before applying, you are advised to read our data protection policy. This policy describes the processing that may be associated with your personal data and informs you that your personal data may be transferred to Royal Dutch/Shell Group companies around the world.
The Shell Group and its approved recruitment consultants will never ask you for a fee to process or consider your application for a career with Shell. Anyone who demands such a fee is not an authorised Shell representative and you are strongly advised to refuse any such demand.
Shell participates in E-Verify.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, national origin, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, citizenship, genetic information or other protected status under federal, state or local laws.
Shell is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disability.