Skills: Business Analyst, Operations Management
Experience: 2 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Houston, Texas, United States
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Are you seeking an opportunity to show your exceptional skills and knowledge? Are you looking for a company which provides you with dynamic and challenging work environment every single day? If yes, look no further.... We are seeking individuals who are skilled, knowledgeable and ready to work in a fast paced environment to deliver top notch solutions to cater business needs.
Nabors owns and operates one of the world's largest land-based drilling rig fleet and is a provider of offshore drilling rigs in the United States and multiple international markets. Nabors also provides directional drilling, performance tools, and innovative technologies for its own rig fleet and those of third parties. Leveraging our advanced drilling automation capabilities, Nabors' highly skilled workforce continues to set new standards for operational excellence and transform our industry.
Canrig Drilling Technology Ltd., with revenues of approximately $400M, provides equipment, tools, services, and software products to oil and gas companies worldwide to improve the safety and efficiency of the drilling process. Our workforce, like our technology, is rapidly expanding.
As a Business Analyst for field service, you will create data visualizations, reports, analytics and dashboards that will impact the business. Will prioritize analyses, and work with the team to develop, implement solutions, and deliver strong business results. Will establish and drive governances. In addition this role will play an integral role in delivering and building development projects, while organizing and controlling the project activities.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Drive the development of business intelligence tools using current and future technology.
• Collaborate with Senior Management to establish, track and report on division KPIs.
• Gathering data, identifying root causes and driving effort with team to find solutions that are in alignment with strategic goals and business needs.
• Build a culture of data driven decision making through creating user friendly dashboards, training users on reporting systems and communicating best practices and emerging trends in data analysis
• Analyze, develop and propose enhancements to current business processes, reports and applications in order to optimize business efficiency
• Provide leadership and strategic direction in regards to business critical insight thru analytics to help drive growth and efficiency.
• Investigate and implement business intelligence tools to improve efficiency through consolidation of various systems into a single system and provide needed training on new processes
• Supports field service business leaders
• Assisting team and other departments with analytics as needed.
• Manage and report on projects status as needed
• Manage road map of project for the Service and Rentals department and ensure alignment with corporate goals.
• Work closely with Service & Rental director to effectively execute Service and Rentals roadmap.
• Develop and maintain documentation including project scheduled, meeting minutes, and project files
• Develop and track project cost, and project resource requirements and project timelines.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
• Bachelor's degree or higher
• 2+ years of experience in business analysis
• Quantitative background / proven problem-solving skills
• Ability to deliver complex concepts in non-technical language
• Has strong presentation and collaboration skills
• Experience building and maintaining data models and dashboards through business intelligence and visualization software (Microsoft PowerBI, myBit preferred)
• Experience using JIRA, Visio, PowerPoint and Excel
Fluent in English. Ability to read and write, comprehend complex instructions, write short correspondence,
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals and compute percentages.
Must be able to understand complex formulas used in the analysis of data.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have advanced knowledge of spreadsheet software, database software, and manufacturing/inventory software.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
Valid Driver's License
• Reliable, self-starting and motivated
• Ability to prioritize and organize workload
• Good interpersonal skills
• Ability to work well under pressure and tight timelines and maintain a team spirit and a cooperative attitude
• Committed to continuous improvement
• Willingness to learn about Canrig Systems and new technology related to the drilling industry
Today, Nabors owns and operates the world’s largest land-based drilling rig fleet and is a leading provider of offshore platform workover and drilling rigs in the United States and numerous international markets. With operations in 28 countries, Nabors also provides directional drilling services, performance tools and innovative technologies throughout many of the most significant oil and gas markets. Leveraging our advanced drilling automation capabilities, Nabors’ highly skilled workforce continues to set new standards for operational excellence and transform our industry.
As of April 16, 2018, Nabors’ assets include:
- 407 land drilling rigs
- 31 offshore platform rigs
Nabors is ranked in the Global Top 30 in Rigzone's Ideal Employer Rankings - find out more here.