Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Abingdon, England, United Kingdom
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
This work requires the successful applicant to be experienced in C++, but potentially also have the flexibility to work with Cloud technologies such as Google Cloud Platform and Microsoft Azure, as well as being able to propose and assist with the planning of the delivered solutions.
The development team works closely with the product and service teams in Abingdon and from the wider Schlumberger organization, as well as engaging with external groups on various aspects.
To be successful the applicant must be comfortable working in an Agile software development environment, be able to demonstrate strong initiative, as well as proactively collaborating with other groups.
- Multiple years of commercial experience developing in C++
- Good understanding of Windows and LINUX
- Experience with Cloud computing (e.g. Google Cloud Platform & Microsoft Azure)
- Experience of authn/z in web tokens
- Knowledge of symmetric and asymmetric cryptography
- Scripting - e.g. bash and Python
- Excellent time-management, multi-tasking, and communication skills. Capable of juggling multiple projects and related complexities at the same time.
- Ability to write clean and efficient code
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment
- Ability to work to commercial deadlines
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
- Combine technical skills and design sensibilities
- Learn quickly in a fast-paced environment
- Degree or higher qualification in either Computer Science, or Mathematics, Science or Engineering Discipline with programming experience.
Schlumberger is an equal employment opportunity employer. Qualified applicants are considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, status as a protected veteran or other characteristics protected by law.
A tradition of excellence and innovation
We’re the world’s leading provider of integrated pore-to-pipeline technology solutions to the oil and gas industry. We’re also a leading employer in our sector—with a reputation for hiring the best and the brightest people and keeping them at the top of their game through rewarding career-long development opportunities.
Each day, in 85 countries, we help our customers find and produce oil and gas in ways that demonstrate respect for both people and the environment. Today’s industry challenges call for new ideas, techniques, and solutions. If you want to drive your career and want to grow with a company that’s embraced new ways of thinking since 1927, we may have the career for you.
Schlumberger is ranked in the Global Top 10 in Rigzone's Ideal Employer Rankings - find out more here.