Skills: Financial Audit
Experience: 3 + Years
Education: Masters Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Contractor
Location: Calgary, Alberta, Canada
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
NES Global Talent is a leading global technical recruitment company providing professional contract and permanent staff to a diverse world-wide client base within the oil & gas Industry. Our client, a major oil and gas producer company, is currently seeking a Compliance Analyst on a 12 month contract based in Calgary, AB.
- Monitoring, analyzing and reporting on business activities conducted by Commodity Trading, Canadian Marketing and Treasury.
- Ensure appropriate compliance coverage of the statutes, regulations and orders of Canadian and US governmental agencies that regulate company's commodity marketing businesses.
- Provide day to day compliance monitoring and advice for energy purchases and sales.
- Maintain appropriate compliance monitoring and oversight for any over-the-counter and exchange trading activities in Canada and the US.
- Conduct daily and periodic trade reviews and monitoring trade repositories to verify accurate trade reporting.
- Assist with Compliance administered training of Competition Law, OTC Derivatives and anti-trust / market conduct regulations by internalizing work previously done by client and outside legal counsel.
- Ongoing advice and guidance is expected on compliance matters to and in respect of the supported businesses and other functional areas of the company.
- The Compliance Analyst will work directly with business units to support a sustainable culture of compliance.
- This position is expected to be familiar with U.S. Dodd-Frank Wall Street Reform and Consumer Protection Act, Canadian derivatives regulations, Canadian and U.S. competition and anti-trust laws, and with industry trade compliance practices.
MUST HAVE QUALIFICATIONS:
- University degree or college diploma in a related field.
- Three to five years' experience in a compliance related role.
- Five to seven years' experience in an oil and gas marketing environment would be definite asset.
- Ability to read, understand and interpret changes to regulations and the impact to the business.
- Strong team dynamics as well as the ability to work independently.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills to liaise effectively with both internal and external parties.
- Ability to anticipate, assess, and respond effectively to the needs of diverse customers both internal and external, making customer service the priority.
- Excellent skills in Microsoft Word and Excel is required.
Established in 1978, NES Global Talent provides a complete range of contract and permanent talent solutions to the Oil and Gas, Power, Construction and Infrastructure, Life Sciences, Manufacturing and IT sectors worldwide. With more than 40 offices in 28 countries, we are able to provide our clients with the engineering and technical expertise they need, wherever and whenever it is needed. Offering far more than a traditional recruitment service, we fully support our contractors while they are on assignment with everything from securing visas and work permits, to providing market leading benefits packages and accommodation, ensuring they are safely and compliantly able to support our clients.