- Provide professional, timely, cost-effective and practical legal advice and support to the Contracting & Procurement (C&P) organization in Canada.
- Responsible for stakeholder relationship management with C&P leaders in Canada ensuring alignment on legal support and priorities.
- Contributor to a global team providing support to the development of tools, training, and guidance for C&P.
- Provide support to C&P in the Americas as needed and agreed with the Managing Counsel, C&P Americas
Shell is a global group of energy and petrochemicals companies with over 90,000 employees in more than 70 countries and territories. In Canada, we have operated for over a century and are a major producer and marketer of oil, gas and petrochemicals, Canada's largest producer of sulphur and a significant oil sands developer. We deliver energy responsibly; operate safely with respect to our neighbours and work to minimize our environmental impact. We are in search of remarkable people who will thrive in a diverse and inclusive work environment to deliver exciting projects locally and globally. People who are passionate about exploring new frontiers. Innovators and pioneers. People with the drive to help shape our future.Requirements
Skills and Requirements:
- 3 - 8 years of experience as a Commercial Lawyer in Alberta.
- Law school graduate and have been admitted to the bar in Canadain jurisdiction
- Strong academic background and capable of applying jurisprudence in real situations;
- Proven experience in providing legal advice related to Contracting and Procurement
- Experience in Stakeholder management
- Ability to work as part of a virtual team and with both internal and external stakeholders with diverse cultural backgrounds
- Ability to understand and take account of business drivers and needs
- Good verbal and written communication skills and good drafting skills;
Please note: We occasionally amend or withdraw Shell jobs and reserve the right to do so at any time, including prior to the advertised closing date.
Before applying, you are advised to read our data protection policy. This policy describes the processing that may be associated with your personal data and informs you that your personal data may be transferred to Royal Dutch/Shell Group companies around the world.
The Shell Group and its approved recruitment consultants will never ask you for a fee to process or consider your application for a career with Shell. Anyone who demands such a fee is not an authorised Shell representative and you are strongly advised to refuse any such demand.
Shell is an Equal Opportunity Employer.