Skills: Environmental, Safety & Training, HSE Auditing, HSE Manager / Advisor
Experience: 10 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Houston, Texas, United States
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
KEY FUNCTIONS THE CANDIDATE MAY BE RESPONSIBLE FOR, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO:
- Serve as a representative between Corporate Environmental group and Business Units.
- Analyze environmental data in support of Company's Sustainability Report and reports to the Board of Directors, identifying potential areas of improvement and excellence.
- Obtain approval from regulatory bodies to complete remediation projects and oversee remediation contractors for complex hazardous waste legacy sites.
- Develop programs, procedures and tools to implement Company's environmental and regulatory programs of our operations management system.
- Maintain working knowledge of government regulations and industry standard practices affecting environmental matters.
- Participate on functional teams to develop documents to address environmental needs and comply with Federal, State, and Company requirements.
- Provide technical knowledge of assignment specific topics and acts as the Subject Matter Expert (SME), as needed.
- Understand, interpret and clearly communicate regulations and corporate policies. Collaborate with other HES representatives to share best practices, corrective actions, and process improvements.
- Provide environmental training and assist in development of other HES professionals.
- Assess environmental processes in the field to identify gaps and coach for continuous improvement.
- As required, represent Company in trade associations to promote Company's position related to environmental regulations and implement learnings about other companies' activities as appropriate.
- Travel to North America Marathon locations on a periodic basis; May require +/- 10% of time.
- Bachelor's degree required, Environmental discipline preferred.
- 10+ years oil and gas industry experience preferred.
- Must be a motivated self-starter with good organizational and reasoning skills.
- Demonstrated ability to translate legislative/regulatory language into understandable terms.
- Ability to effectively communicate and train operations and contract personnel.
- Proficiency in data analysis and preparing PowerPoint presentations to communicate findings.
Marathon Oil Corporation (NYSE: MRO) is an independent oil and natural gas exploration and production company based in Houston, Texas. With a material position in four of the best oil-rich U.S. resource plays in different stages of development, we offer a variety of career opportunities, whether you're a recent college graduate or an experienced professional. You'll have the tools to develop and refine the skills and knowledge you need to succeed.
Marathon Oil Company will take the necessary action to ensure that applicants are treated without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, age, disability, national origin, sexual orientation, genetic information, veteran status or other protected status under applicable employment law.
If you are a current Marathon employee please use the ERP website to submit referrals.
Posting Notes: || Houston || TX || United States (US) || Not Applicable; SF:DI; SF:GH; SF:LI; SF:MN; SF:RZ || Health, Environment, Safety and Security || Not Applicable || || 29871 ||
Marathon Oil – Where You Can Make A Difference
Marathon Oil became an independent E&P company on July 1, 2011. Based in Houston, we're focused on the most significant oil-rich resource plays in the U.S. -- the Eagle Ford in Texas, Permian in New Mexico, STACK and SCOOP in Oklahoma, and the Bakken in North Dakota. We also have international operations in Europe and Africa. While we feel like a start-up in many ways, our roots go back 130 years to our company's formation in 1887. Our stock trades on the New York Stock Exchange under the ticker symbol MRO.
We’re on a transformative path, with a variety of exceptional opportunities for people who are up to the challenge. If that’s you – if you’re seeking a challenge and ready to make a difference – you could be the right fit to help drive our future. Our U.S. exploration and development assets offer energy professionals exposure to projects from early-stage evaluation through production. Our producing international assets provide a broader perspective on the world’s energy challenges.
We have more than just opportunity to offer. We’re invested in equipping our people for an entire career – from advancing technical skills through to developing the leadership behaviors and skills that will take our business forward. Our competitive compensation and benefits package goes beyond the basics to include a wellness program, self-funded (with company match) and company-funded retirement plans, flexible hours in some positions and tuition reimbursement. Grow your career with us.
Marathon Oil is ranked in the Global Top 30 in Rigzone's Ideal Employer Rankings - find out more here.