Skills: Environmental Engineer
Experience: 3 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Hanover, New Jersey, United States
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Bureau Veritas offers dynamic, exciting employment opportunities with an attractive salary/benefit package and an opportunity to play a vital role with a global organization. If you would enjoy working in a dynamic environment and are looking for an opportunity to become part of a stellar team of professionals, we invite you to apply online today.
Bureau Veritas is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and as such we recruit, hire, train, and promote persons in all job classifications without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, sexual orientation, genetics, status as a protected veteran, or any other non-job-related characteristics.
This position is responsible to ensure equal opportunity in employment in that all persons are treated equally and on the basis of merit, in decisions regarding selection, placement, promotions, training, work assignments, transfers and other personnel actions.
Must be able to work with stakeholders to ensure that environmental considerations are embedded in key business processes, for example engineering, locations strategy, capital projects etc
Ability to navigate through complex & dynamic environments and interface with senior personnel confidently
Assist in the bank's compliance of environmental governance
Experience with Environmental Management Systems (EMS) & ability to learn/maintain ISO 14001
• Develop and maintain the local environmental delivery plan
• Engage with key stakeholders to ensure environmental initiatives are tracked and that environmental performance improvements are delivered
• Provide regional coordination to supportglobal citizenship commitments, currently including: plastics reduction, renewable energy procurement, and carbon emission reduction projects
• Provide leadership on global workstreams within the environmental team as needed
• Oversee the region's outsourced facilities services partners' delivery of environmental activity.
Audits/Risk Assessments/Legal Compliance
• ISO 14001 - Support regional certification activity including supporting the environmental audit program
• Support regional team with compliance to Environmental legislation
• Manage environmental compliance by ensuring applicable new legal requirements across the portfolio are implemented
• Manage environmental pollution prevention reviews across applicable sites
• Track and analyse environmental incidents across the portfolio
• Work with stakeholders to ensure timely and accurate environmental data (energy, water, waste, paper purchased) is provided from the Americas region
• Ensure Americas environmental reporting provides a clear visibility of performance across the region
• Support Regional Team on adhoc environmental projects
Experience & Skills Required:
• Exemplary client facing skills
• Ability to chair regional environmental forums face to face or via conference calls
• Proven ability to engage with internal and external stakeholders.
• Experience with conducting presentations to stakeholders
• Environmental Management background
• Good technical understanding of building engineering systems
• Strong understanding of environmental targets and programs
• Proven track record of working with complex environmental data sets
• Experience of environmental delivery plans
• Strong knowledge of United States environmental legislation
• Excellent project management skills
• Bachelor's Degree in Science or Environmental Science
• 3-6 years of experience
• ISO 14001 (Desirable)
• LEED AP (Desirable)
If you are an individual with a disability and you would like us to assist you with searching the Careers Page site for employment opportunities and/or assistance with completing your profile and application, please contact us at 1-888-357-7020 or email us with your request to USinfor@us.bureauveritas.com We are happy to assist you and encourage you to consider Bureau Veritas for your next great career opportunity!
If you would like additional information regarding Bureau Veritas' federal obligations in regards to equal employment opportunity, please click the link below:
Created in 1828, Bureau Veritas is a global leader in Testing, Inspection and Certification (TIC), delivering high quality services to help clients meet the growing challenges of quality, safety, environmental protection and social responsibility.
As a trusted partner, Bureau Veritas offers innovative solutions that go beyond simple compliance with regulations and standards, reducing risk, improving performance and promoting sustainable development.
Bureau Veritas core values include integrity and ethics, impartial counsel and validation, customer focus and safety at work.
Bureau Veritas is recognized and accredited by major national and international organizations.