Skills: QA / QC / Inspection
Experience: 1 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: New York, New York, United States
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Bureau Veritas offers dynamic, exciting employment opportunities with an attractive salary/benefit package and an opportunity to play a vital role with a global organization. If you would enjoy working in a dynamic environment and are looking for an opportunity to become part of a stellar team of professionals, we invite you to apply online today.
Bureau Veritas is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and as such we recruit, hire, train, and promote persons in all job classifications without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, sexual orientation, genetics, status as a protected veteran, or any other non-job-related characteristics.
This position is responsible to ensure equal opportunity in employment in that all persons are treated equally and on the basis of merit, in decisions regarding selection, placement, promotions, training, work assignments, transfers and other personnel actions.
Currently we are looking for Special Inspectors for immediate Building, Transportation, & Infrastructure Projects. The ideal candidate must meet some or all of the following requirements:
• Bachelor's Degree in Civil, Structural Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, or Architecture
• A minimum of 1 years of experience inspecting construction work in the city of NY, varied in Size and complexity.
• Familiarity with Chapter 17 of the NYC building code.
• Currently holds a valid certification in 1 or more of the following:
o AABC Test and Balance Technician Certification
o ICC Mechanical Inspector (Residential)
o ICC Mechanical Inspector (Commercial)
o NEBB Air Balancer Certification
o NYS Licensed Professional Engineer or Registered Architect
• Current training in: fall protection, scaffolding and ladders, work-zone safety, & minimum of 10-hour OSHA construction safety.
Qualified professionals will also have:
• Ability to communicate with colleagues and clients of all levels
• Experience working with Microsoft Office Suite
• Ability to provide inspection reports in a timely manor
• Reliable means of transportation & valid driver's license
• Willingness to obtain additional certifications
• Works well with a team and individually
• Familiarity with construction industry codes
• High School diploma or equivalent
If you are an individual with a disability and you would like us to assist you with searching the Careers Page site for employment opportunities and/or assistance with completing your profile and application, please contact us at 1-888-357-7020 or email us with your request to USinfor@us.bureauveritas.com We are happy to assist you and encourage you to consider Bureau Veritas for your next great career opportunity!
If you would like additional information regarding Bureau Veritas' federal obligations in regards to equal employment opportunity, please click the link below:
Created in 1828, Bureau Veritas is a global leader in Testing, Inspection and Certification (TIC), delivering high quality services to help clients meet the growing challenges of quality, safety, environmental protection and social responsibility.
As a trusted partner, Bureau Veritas offers innovative solutions that go beyond simple compliance with regulations and standards, reducing risk, improving performance and promoting sustainable development.
Bureau Veritas core values include integrity and ethics, impartial counsel and validation, customer focus and safety at work.
Bureau Veritas is recognized and accredited by major national and international organizations.