Skills: HSE Auditing
Experience: 3 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Houston, Texas, United States
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Bureau Veritas offers dynamic, exciting employment opportunities with an attractive salary/benefit package and an opportunity to play a vital role with a global organization. If you would enjoy working in a dynamic environment and are looking for an opportunity to become part of a stellar team of professionals, we invite you to apply online today.
Bureau Veritas is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and as such we recruit, hire, train, and promote persons in all job classifications without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, sexual orientation, genetics, status as a protected veteran, or any other non-job-related characteristics.
This position is responsible to ensure equal opportunity in employment in that all persons are treated equally and on the basis of merit, in decisions regarding selection, placement, promotions, training, work assignments, transfers and other personnel actions.
• To assimilate, understand and operate the Bureau Veritas Certification Management System in all activities relevant to the post, and to liaise with the Product Manager regarding changes to its design and implementation.
• To perform audits in any capacity in conformance with the specific audit protocol and prepare audit and corrective action plan reports based on relevant audit scheme/principles.
• In performing the duties to ensure that such duties are performed in an efficient and commercially expedient way.
• To control as necessary, teams of auditors during the activities covered by Item 2 above.
• To decide upon evidence gained during audits whether or not the requirements specified in the audit criteria are met and to identify deviations from the audit criteria in the form of nonconformities and categorize them considering the extent of violation from the audit criteria and the risk associated with the violation.
• To strive to acquire sufficient audit experience to cover the whole of Bureau Veritas Certification's activities.
• To assist in the training of other auditors during planned audits or during other training functions.
• To participate actively in witness audits by Bureau Veritas Certification or its clients.
• To maintain all audit credentials.
• To undertake any other activities as directed by the Product Manager.
Key Performance Indicators (KPI's):
• Maintain Auditor Utilization rate as agreed
• Provide BVC and Clients deliverables within agreed time-frames (audit report, corrective action responses, invoices, etc)
• Maintain qualifications and up-to-date knowledge as required by the product scheme
Qualifications (Basic Essentials):
• Bachelor's degree relevant discipline
• Have satisfactorily completed a recognized Lead Auditor training course in Occupational Health & Safety, Environmental and Social Accountability / CSR management Systems. The course(s) must include an examination, which must be passed to evidence satisfactory completion.
• Have competent working knowledge of recognized Occupational Health & Safety, Environmental and Social Accountability / CSR Management System auditing standards and procedures.
• 3-10 years of industry experience
• Have had performed at least 30 man-days of audits on SMETA, SA 8000 or ETI base code in last 12 months.
• 2-5 years of experience working in a third party certification sector in the similar capacity.
• Business acumen
• Ability to use analytical thinking to make critical decisions and solve business problems
• Excellent organizational and time management skills
• Strong interpersonal skills highlighting communications excellence and professionalism
• Effective team working abilities
• Self-motivated, detail oriented, with high-regard for meeting deadlines.
• Strong computer skills (high proficiency in Microsoft Excel)
• Lead Auditor registration with any globally acceptable personnel certification body registration board such as IRCA, Exemplar Global etc.
• Qualified Lead Auditor in any other discipline such as Energy Management, Information Security etc.
• Over 3 years of experience working as an Auditor for a reputable Third Party Certification Body.
If you are an individual with a disability and you would like us to assist you with searching the Careers Page site for employment opportunities and/or assistance with completing your profile and application, please contact us at 1-888-357-7020 or email us with your request to USinfor@us.bureauveritas.com We are happy to assist you and encourage you to consider Bureau Veritas for your next great career opportunity!
If you would like additional information regarding Bureau Veritas' federal obligations in regards to equal employment opportunity, please click the link below:
Created in 1828, Bureau Veritas is a global leader in Testing, Inspection and Certification (TIC), delivering high quality services to help clients meet the growing challenges of quality, safety, environmental protection and social responsibility.
As a trusted partner, Bureau Veritas offers innovative solutions that go beyond simple compliance with regulations and standards, reducing risk, improving performance and promoting sustainable development.
Bureau Veritas core values include integrity and ethics, impartial counsel and validation, customer focus and safety at work.
Bureau Veritas is recognized and accredited by major national and international organizations.