Experience: 5 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: United Kingdom
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Manchester or Leeds
We're offering opportunities to join a leading global organisation, working with some of the biggest names in the construction industry to deliver trusted, independent Building Control services.
This is your chance to join a global network of self-motivated, engaging professionals, recognised for offering expert interpretation and a consistent approach. All backed by a competitive salary, excellent benefits package and structured development programme from a true industry leader.
APPLY YOUR TECHNICAL KNOWLEDGE
We're looking for people that can act as a trusted consultant to our clients, bringing industry insight and regulatory knowledge together with a commitment to deliver service excellence as part of a true partnership approach.
Working on a 750 year old building of historic national importance one day and a £250m laboratory the next, Bureau Veritas boasts an unrivalled array of projects and clients. We want self-starters and team players, who can build lasting client relationships.
- Advising commercial clients about building / property issues in line with the UK Building Regulations and all necessary legislation.
- Carrying out inspections of work, checking plans / drawings and associated information to ensure compliance with the Building Regulations.
- Ensuring that records of all project and inspection records are on the database
- Generating quotations and compiling technical reports.
- Developing and maintaining excellent internal and external stakeholder relationships.
- Carrying out duties in accordance with QA procedures
- Delivery of excellent service and building effective client relationships
- Ideally qualified to degree level, or equivalent, in Building Control / Building Surveying
- Accredited (or actively working towards) RICS/CABE/CIOB status
- Demonstrable experience of working as an Approved Inspector in Building Control, ideally with exposure to commercial clients
- Excellent client facing and relationship building skills
- Competent user of MS Office
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to effectively manage a varied and busy workload
Only Bureau Veritas can offer:
- Structured development programmes, from apprentice to chartered engineer, to help you fulfil your potential, including face to face and e-learning programmes
- The opportunity to deliver excellence for high profile clients, including some of the world's most recognised brands
- A long list of awards recognition including Top Employer five years in a row and continued success in the RoSPA Occupational Health and Safety Awards
- Comprehensive financial package including competitive salary and allowances, defined contribution pension, 25 days holiday plus Bank Holidays, various insurances including Private Health Insurance and other flexible benefits to suit individual requirements
Please be aware that all roles within Bureau Veritas UK&I may require the successful pass of a CRB/credit check or attained relevant security clearances.
Bureau Veritas is an equal opportunity employer. No job applicant or employee shall receive less favourable treatment because of their gender, marital or civil partnership status, sexual orientation, colour, race, ethnic origin, religion, disability or age.
Bureau Veritas operates a strict Code of Ethics that ensures the proper conduct of our day-to-day business. Each employee or prospective employee of the Group must know and apply our Code of Ethics. Please visit the 'About Us' section of the website to view our Code of Ethics
Created in 1828, Bureau Veritas is a global leader in Testing, Inspection and Certification (TIC), delivering high quality services to help clients meet the growing challenges of quality, safety, environmental protection and social responsibility.
As a trusted partner, Bureau Veritas offers innovative solutions that go beyond simple compliance with regulations and standards, reducing risk, improving performance and promoting sustainable development.
Bureau Veritas core values include integrity and ethics, impartial counsel and validation, customer focus and safety at work.
Bureau Veritas is recognized and accredited by major national and international organizations.