Skills: Laboratory Ops / Tech
Experience: 6 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: United Kingdom
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Bureau Veritas is aglobal leader in Testing, Inspection and Certification (TIC), delivering high quality services to help clients meet the growing challenges of quality, safety, environmental protection and social responsibility. Since 1828 we offer innovative solutions that go beyond simplecompliance with regulations and standards, reducing risk, improving performance and promoting sustainable development.
Our core values includeintegrityandethics,impartiality, customer focusandsafety at workand are Top Employer for the sixth consecutive year.
Role: Client Co-ordination Assistant
Location: Witham, Essex
Salary: Competetive salary on offer plus excellent benefits package
We are looking for self-motivated individual to join our team in Witham to support our metals & minerals business with the coordination of samples into our inspection laboratory and manage general day to day reporting, invoicing and credit control activities.
You will be naturally customer service driven as you will have regular contact with our customers both UK and overseas.
- Management of samples into the lab - Sample handling, sample entry and returns, allocation of samples to jobs, sample dispatches.
- Creation of pro-forma invoices.
- Checking of jobs going in to the laboratory.
- Communicating job progress and answering customer queries.
- Maintaining liaison with laboratory staff throughout the job.
- Producing certificates, reports and invoices in an accurate and timely manner.
- Invoice management.
- Credit Control activities.
- Reception cover as needed.
- Attend and contribute to team meetings.
- Ability to produce reports and documents to a high level of literacy.
- Ability to communicate clearly and in a focused way with staff and clients.
- Ability to work under pressure and to be able to determine and organise priorities.
- Ability to exercise discretion and complete confidentiality.
- Ability to work as part of a team.
- Strong computer skills (OMS, Excel, Word etc)
- Ability to formulate ideas to improve procedures & introduce best practice, including following through ideas to completion.
- Ability to conduct own research and build essential knowledge of the industry.
Personal skills and competencies
- Good technical and interpersonal skills
- Self-motivated and keen to excel in the role
- Very organised in order assist in smooth running of the team
- Able and willing to take on new responsibilities & to learn new skills
SUPPORTING OUR PEOPLE
Employing close to 66,500 employees across 140 locations worldwide, only Bureau Veritas can offer:
- Structured development programmes to help you fulfil your potential, including face to face and e-learning programmes.
- The opportunity to contribute towards delivering excellence for high profile clients, including some of the world's most recognised brands.
- A long list of awards recognition including Top Employer six years in a row and continued success in the RoSPA Occupational Health and Safety Awards.
- Comprehensive financial package including competitive salary and allowances, defined contribution pension, 23 days holiday plus Bank Holidays, various insurances including Private Health Insurance and other flexible benefits to suit individual requirements
Please be aware that all roles within Bureau Veritas UK&I may require a DBS, Credit or Security Clearance Check.
Bureau Veritas isan equal opportunity employer. No job applicant or employee shall receive less favourable treatment because of their gender, marital or civil partnership status, sexual orientation, colour, race, ethnic origin, religion, disability or age.
Bureau Veritas operates a strict Code of Ethics that ensures the proper conduct of our day-to-day business.
Created in 1828, Bureau Veritas is a global leader in Testing, Inspection and Certification (TIC), delivering high quality services to help clients meet the growing challenges of quality, safety, environmental protection and social responsibility.
As a trusted partner, Bureau Veritas offers innovative solutions that go beyond simple compliance with regulations and standards, reducing risk, improving performance and promoting sustainable development.
Bureau Veritas core values include integrity and ethics, impartial counsel and validation, customer focus and safety at work.
Bureau Veritas is recognized and accredited by major national and international organizations.