Skills: QA / QC / Inspection
Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: United Kingdom
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
- Degree or HNC in a technical discipline
- Operational knowledge of current Quality standards associated with project work.
- Internal Auditor Trained/Qualified
- IRCA Auditor Certified
- Proficient user of MS Office.
- CTC or SC level security clearance (must be willing to go through clearance process if no clearance held at time of application, be capable of obtaining a full Security Clearance).
- Membership of an appropriate professional institution would be an advantage.
- Good knowledge of CDM Regulations.
- Good team player, self-motivated & able to work on own initiative.
- Compile a Surveillance Plan to address Quality related risks associated with the project portfolio.
- Carry out surveillances to the agreed plan of Project and Contractor Quality Plans, policies and procedures.
- Reviewing, commenting on and assisting with the mark-up of ITP's, Quality Programmes and Project documents
- Identifying and driving continuous improvement opportunities within the Quality Management System.
- Assisting in maintaining supplier and contractor quality arrangements, including monitoring of their ITP's, method statements and other procedures.
- Monitoring and supporting change management including technical queries and concessions.
- Maintaining and logging of surveillance close-outs, non-conformances and associated trend analysis.
- Assisting in carrying out surveillance and inspection visits to manufacturers and sub-contractor's on or off site as required.
- Acting as a champion for Quality Assurance
- Ensuring project activities comply with ITP's & Quality arrangements
- Acting as first point of contact for advice on ITP's & Quality arrangements
- Maintaining awareness of relevant procedures and disseminating information on requirements, changes and updates
- Extensive experience working as a Quality Professional in a construction project environment.
- Experienced in auditing project delivery processes and reporting on findings.
- Skilled at working within a multi discipline project team and ensuring delivery of works in line with quality expectations detailed within business processes and procedures.
- Experienced in the management and control of project documentation.
- Ability to develop networks and working relationships with station and peers in other Business Units.
- Skilled at interfacing with Contractors undertaking works on site.
- Experienced in working within nuclear licenced facilities.
Please be aware that this role will require the successful pass of a DBS check and attained relevant security clearances.
Created in 1828, Bureau Veritas is a global leader in Testing, Inspection and Certification (TIC), delivering high quality services to help clients meet the growing challenges of quality, safety, environmental protection and social responsibility.
As a trusted partner, Bureau Veritas offers innovative solutions that go beyond simple compliance with regulations and standards, reducing risk, improving performance and promoting sustainable development.
Bureau Veritas core values include integrity and ethics, impartial counsel and validation, customer focus and safety at work.
Bureau Veritas is recognized and accredited by major national and international organizations.