Skills: Contracts Administration, Technical Writing, Contracts Engineer
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Lisle, Illinois, United States
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Bureau Veritas offers dynamic, exciting employment opportunities with an attractive salary/benefit package and an opportunity to play a vital role with a global organization. If you would enjoy working in a dynamic environment and are looking for an opportunity to become part of a stellar team of professionals, we invite you to apply online today.
Bureau Veritas is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and as such we recruit, hire, train, and promote persons in all job classifications without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, sexual orientation, genetics, status as a protected veteran, or any other non-job-related characteristics.
This position is responsible to ensure equal opportunity in employment in that all persons are treated equally and on the basis of merit, in decisions regarding selection, placement, promotions, training, work assignments, transfers and other personnel actions.
The Proposal Development & Support Specialist will provide multiple clients with expert proposal management and writing support. On a project-by-project basis, the Proposal Specialist will be responsible for the direction and range of activities associated with the proposal development process from pre-RFP to final production, in close conjunction with our clients.
• Collaborate closely with client representatives throughout proposal process to ensure clients are satisfied with quality of proposal work
• Assist capture managers in the strategy, win themes, competitive analysis, or gap analysis associated with a given proposal
• Lead the preparation and delivery of all proposal volumes and other required proposal deliverables.
• Prepare detailed proposal outline and defines the proposal schedule from kickoff to final production
• Integrate the efforts of all involved technical, management, contracts, pricing, and business staff with proposal team staff, and of proposal team staff with production staff
• Issue effective proposal instructions and memoranda to proposal team staff
• Control implementation of proposal strategy, including theme, discriminator, proof point, and ghost implementation
• Write or assist with writing persuasive proposal sections, including management plans, past performance, technical approach, and resumes
• Interview Subject Matter Experts with the ability to turn complex technical information into proposal prose
• Engage in other responsibilities as identified by BVNA or clients
• Assist with internal BVNA tasks at BVNA offices during gaps in support to client proposals
• Enter and maintain proposal detail in CRM tool (Deltek Vision database system) and appropriate
ACCOUNTABILITIES AND PERFORMANCE MEASURES
• Ability to confirm solution fit and identify customer specific benefits that will help contribute to a unique business value offering
• Ability to understand and articulate customer business requirements and develop the corresponding proposal design
• Bachelors in Communications, Journalism, Marketing, or related field or comparable work experience.
• Strong research, writing, editing, quantitative and verbal communication skills required with the ability to position communications effectively for the needs of a specific audience.
• History of successful proposals worked across various clients and deep understanding of the logistics and operations of complex proposals
• Knowledgeable in business development and client procurement processes.
• Strong ability to organize material, rapidly assimilate information, and provide guidance and direction to proposal teams
• Demonstrated leadership skills and "command presence": excellent interpersonal and team skills
• Strong oral and written communication skills, ability to work independently and be a self-starter, and ability to multitask
• Expert usage of MS Office products including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and SharePoint
• Proven ability to balance multiple competing priorities, meet deadlines, be responsive and thrive in a team environment. Demonstrated ability to develop and lead sales forecasting activities, budget development, and performance goals. Strong emphasis in client acquisition and development, valuations, and competitor analysis.
• Communication - Strong communication and stakeholder management skills, excellent presentation skills, able to communicate at all levels with both internal and external executives, regulators, and municipal officials.
• Leadership and Teamwork - Ability to interface and effectively work with various groups and cultures involved (partners, government, agencies, contractors, operations, etc.), and gain alignment to achieve objectives.
• Must have experience in RTP (response to proposal)
• Must have experience in developing proposals for government entities
• Demonstrated knowledge of a variety of computer software applications in word processing, spreadsheets, document and database software (MS Office, Excel, Access, Adobe Acrobat). Advanced capabilities with Excel and CRM systems required; familiarity with (Deltek) ERP preferred.
If you are an individual with a disability and you would like us to assist you with searching the Careers Page site for employment opportunities and/or assistance with completing your profile and application, please contact us at 1-888-357-7020 or email us with your request to USinfor@us.bureauveritas.com We are happy to assist you and encourage you to consider Bureau Veritas for your next great career opportunity!
If you would like additional information regarding Bureau Veritas' federal obligations in regards to equal employment opportunity, please click the link below:
Created in 1828, Bureau Veritas is a global leader in Testing, Inspection and Certification (TIC), delivering high quality services to help clients meet the growing challenges of quality, safety, environmental protection and social responsibility.
As a trusted partner, Bureau Veritas offers innovative solutions that go beyond simple compliance with regulations and standards, reducing risk, improving performance and promoting sustainable development.
Bureau Veritas core values include integrity and ethics, impartial counsel and validation, customer focus and safety at work.
Bureau Veritas is recognized and accredited by major national and international organizations.