Skills: Research & Development, Laboratory Ops / Tech
Experience: 2 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Buffalo, New York, United States
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Bureau Veritas offers dynamic, exciting employment opportunities with an attractive salary/benefit package and an opportunity to play a vital role with a global organization. If you would enjoy working in a dynamic environment and are looking for an opportunity to become part of a stellar team of professionals, we invite you to apply online today.
Bureau Veritas is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and as such we recruit, hire, train, and promote persons in all job classifications without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, sexual orientation, genetics, status as a protected veteran, or any other non-job-related characteristics.
This position is responsible to ensure equal opportunity in employment in that all persons are treated equally and on the basis of merit, in decisions regarding selection, placement, promotions, training, work assignments, transfers and other personnel actions.
Check out this movie short showcasing our amazing laboratory located in Amherst, NY!
This position is responsible for reviewing the accuracy of data and serving as a technical liaison with clients. Responsibilities include reading and interpreting standards and regulations, reviewing test reports and data, conducting technical training, quoting projects, project management and working with clients to resolve technical problems
Major Roles & Responsibilities
- Offer problem resolution, as applicable, for any client issues or questions with the aim of enhancing client satisfaction and improving client relations.
- Understand and interpret standards for appropriate test methods.
- Reviews contract requirements prior to testing in order to assure adherence to client requirements, and coordinates testing between labs.
- Evaluate products submitted for testing for quality / safety issues, providing direction to techs.
- Prepare a variety of samples for testing using prescribed testing methods, following testing standards / specifications, providing direction to techs as required.
- Conducts testing on a variety of consumer products samples using prescribed testing methods, following testing standards / specifications appropriate to the sample, providing direction to techs.
- Follows the guidelines set forth in the Bureau Veritas Consumer Products Services, Inc Quality Manual and Safety / Chemical Hygiene Plan.
- Accurately record test data.
- Evaluate test results data, providing direction to techs and clients.
- Perform final review and interpret data / reports. Perform critical error review.
- Train employees on sample preparation method and test methods.
- Assist with department testing in other areas, providing direction, as required.
- Prepares and reviews written technical reports and invoices.
- Perform final review and interpret data / reports, providing direction, as required.
- Organizes and monitors workload to meet or exceed laboratory turn around time and client expectations.
- Assist in the coordination of technical & administrative aspects of various departmental projects, providing direction to techs.
- Prepares verbal and written communication to internal and external clients, regarding administrative and technical issues, with direction.
- Interface with staff members internally and at other locations on interpretations in order to ensure global consistency with direction from senior staff.
- Write, train, implement and update lab procedures, test protocols, and technical procedures.
- Operate, and maintain testing equipment, maintain supplies, lab cleanliness and analytical instrumentation, as required.
- Identify, troubleshoot and resolve technical issues.
- Maintain up to date knowledge of current regulations / industry standards and products to be tested.
- Assists in developing materials for and conducting client visits and educational tours.
- Prepares quotes with client services, assisting with identifying appropriate standards / protocols for testing, providing direction.
- Adhere to the requirements of the BV-CPS Quality System.
- Provide technical support to Technicians / External Clients.
- Provide technical training to internal staff.
- Other duties as defined by Manager, department needs and workload.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
- Method development skills
- Strong written and verbal communications skills including the ability to communicate effectively in a group setting, with colleagues and clients
- Organizational and time management skills
- Ability to perform multiple tasks
- Ability to organize and prioritize workload to meet or exceed deadlines
- Individual and Team work ethic
- Demonstrate team leadership
- Proficiency with Windows, Word & Excel
- Attention to detail
- Technical problem solving and process improvement skills
- Solid working knowledge of UL, ASTM, ANSI and other regulations and standards relating to consumer products preferred
- Ability to oversee large projects involving multiple staff members
- Knowledge of statistical analysis tools a plus
- Strong technical and mechanical aptitude
- Positive attitude, self-motivated, high level of engagement
- Knowledge of testing consumer products from laboratory / manufacturing / QA / QC perspective preferred
Experience and Educational Background Required:
- 2 year degree in a technical/engineering discipline; or
- 4 year degree in a technical/engineering discipline; or
- 4 year degree in a non-technical discipline and 2-3 years related experience
Created in 1828, Bureau Veritas is a global leader in Testing, Inspection and Certification (TIC), delivering high quality services to help clients meet the growing challenges of quality, safety, environmental protection and social responsibility.
As a trusted partner, Bureau Veritas offers innovative solutions that go beyond simple compliance with regulations and standards, reducing risk, improving performance and promoting sustainable development.
Bureau Veritas core values include integrity and ethics, impartial counsel and validation, customer focus and safety at work.
Bureau Veritas is recognized and accredited by major national and international organizations.