Skills: Risk Management, Technical Writing
Experience: 7 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: United Kingdom
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Our core values includeintegrityandethics,impartiality, customer focusandsafety at workand are Top Employer for the seventh consecutive year.
Role: Principal Health & Safety Consultant
Location: Home based (North West) with visits to client sites
TAKE YOUR CAREER TO THE NEXT LEVEL
Looking for a new challenge? We are looking for a Principal Health & Safety Consultant to join our team of industry experts, providing technical guidance and commercial expertise for some of the world's best known brands on behalf of Bureau Veritas.
Our H&S Consultants source and generate new work through business development and provide consultancy services on site with new and existing clients. Additionally, they will undertake technical surveys and inspections at client's sites and providing written technical reports within the Health and Safety Services division.
All backed by a competitive salary, excellent benefits package and structured development programme from an award-winning employer.
TECHNICAL ABILITY, CUSTOMER EXCELLENCE
- To undertake a variety of site audits and risk assessments and inspections proficiently at clients' premises including; Health & Safety risk assessments & Fire risk assessments, demonstrating a sound understanding of legislation
- Write risk assessments, safe system of work, client specific policies, reports, work instructions, risk assessments and method statements for a wide range of issuesDevelop proactive risk management strategies for clients
- Deliver general, professional health and safety and fire safety advice to clients
- Carry out accident investigations, analyse trends, produce reports and aid in the preparation of a legal defence should this prove necessary
- Devise, develop and deliver Risk Management strategies for assigned clients and act in support of clients assigned to your colleagues
- Conduct liability surveys and produce associated report / risk recommendations in line with processes and procedures
- To act as main point of contact for FRA work in H&S Consulting in order to develop the service further
- Aid the sales community in the securing of new business, retention of existing business and support in growth of current clients of the health & safety business
- Support in the development, and play an active role in the delivery, of an annual Health & Safety Consulting Plan on business development and sales
- Provide tender responses to client requests for work and input into large bids through the Bid Support Team
- Prepare Fire Risk Assessments and Health & Safety fee proposals and contribute to large proposals/marketing documentation for the development of this work including framework agreements
- Providing key client contact for agreed projects and undertaking appropriate assessments and consultancy in various sectors, including, but not limited to the following; offices, commercial properties, factories, all sleeping risks (hotel, residential flats, residential care etc.) and education buildings
- Produce and agree a "scope of work" with each client. The scope of work will agree the specific work to be completed for each individual client and also agree timescales for completion of works
- Execute and complete projects on time and within budget
- Ensuring projects are technically correct, demonstrating knowledge, experience and sound understanding of legislation
- Be exemplar in client management and relationship building.
TECHNICAL ABILITY, CUSTOMER EXCELLENCE
Candidate requirements include:
- Level 5 NVQ Diploma in Occupational Health and Safety or NEBOSH National Diploma in Occupational Health & Safety or equivalent with CMIOSH
- Experience in fire risk assessment work in various sectors.
- Minimum membership level of graduate of the IFE (or Higher - member grade) with third party accreditation - e.g. Registered IFE Assessor.
- Worked within Safety Consultancy business arena
- Demonstrable ability for self-generation and sourcing of work with utilisation and revenue target success
- Experienced in the organisation and planning of personal work load
- Experienced in fulfilling role of day to day site contact for the business and its clients
- A good background knowledge of relevant legislation and guidance
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Personal attributes required:
- Excellent customer service manner, with strong communications and interpersonal skills
- Ability to build lasting relationships with clients
- A flexible approach to working with a willingness to travel
- Comfortable operating independently on behalf of Bureau Veritas within an external environment
LEADERS IN TESTING, INSPECTION & CERTIFICATION
Only Bureau Veritas can offer:
- Structured development programmes to help you fulfil your potential, including face to face and e-learning programmes
- The opportunity to deliver excellence for high profile clients, including some of the world's most recognised brands
- A long list of awards recognition including Top Employer seven years in a row and continued success in the RoSPA Occupational Health and Safety Awards
- Comprehensive financial package including competitive salary and allowances, defined contribution pension, 25 days holiday plus Bank Holidays, various insurances including Private Health Insurance and other flexible benefits to suit individual requirements
Please be aware that all roles within Bureau Veritas UK&I may require a DBS, Credit or Security Clearance Check.
Bureau Veritas isan equal opportunity employer. No job applicant or employee shall receive less favourable treatment because of their gender, marital or civil partnership status, sexual orientation, colour, race, ethnic origin, religion, disability or age.
Bureau Veritas operates a strict Code of Ethics that ensures the proper conduct of our day-to-day business.
Created in 1828, Bureau Veritas is a global leader in Testing, Inspection and Certification (TIC), delivering high quality services to help clients meet the growing challenges of quality, safety, environmental protection and social responsibility.
As a trusted partner, Bureau Veritas offers innovative solutions that go beyond simple compliance with regulations and standards, reducing risk, improving performance and promoting sustainable development.
Bureau Veritas core values include integrity and ethics, impartial counsel and validation, customer focus and safety at work.
Bureau Veritas is recognized and accredited by major national and international organizations.