Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: United Kingdom
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Home Based - South East M25 Corridor
Looking to lead the field in Building Control?
We're offering opportunities to join a leading global organisation, working with some of the biggest names in the construction industry to deliver trusted, independent Building Control services.
This is your chance to join a global network of self-motivated, engaging professionals, recognised for offering expert interpretation and a consistent approach. All backed by a competitive salary, excellent benefits package and structured development programme from a true industry leader.
APPLY YOUR TECHNICAL KNOWLEDGE
We're looking for people that can act as a trusted consultant to our clients, bringing industry insight and regulatory knowledge together with a commitment to deliver service excellence as part of a true partnership approach.
Working on a 750 year old building of historic national importance one day and a £250m laboratory the next, Bureau Veritas boasts an unrivalled array of projects and clients. We want self-starters and team players, who can build lasting client relationships.
- Advising commercial clients about building / property issues in line with the UK Building Regulations and all necessary legislation.
- Carrying out inspections of work, checking plans / drawings and associated information to ensure compliance with the Building Regulations.
- Ensuring that records of all project and inspection records are on the database
- Generating quotations and compiling technical reports.
- Developing and maintaining excellent internal and external stakeholder relationships.
- Carrying out duties in accordance with QA procedures
- Delivery of excellent service and building effective client relationships
- Ideally qualified to degree level, or equivalent, in Building Control / Building Surveying
- AccreditedRICS/CABE/CIOB status
- Demonstrable experience of working as an Approved Inspector in Building Control, ideally with exposure to commercial clients
- Excellent client facing and relationship building skills
- Competent user of MS Office
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to effectively manage a varied and busy workload
Created in 1828, Bureau Veritas is a global leader in Testing, Inspection and Certification (TIC), delivering high quality services to help clients meet the growing challenges of quality, safety, environmental protection and social responsibility.
As a trusted partner, Bureau Veritas offers innovative solutions that go beyond simple compliance with regulations and standards, reducing risk, improving performance and promoting sustainable development.
Bureau Veritas core values include integrity and ethics, impartial counsel and validation, customer focus and safety at work.
Bureau Veritas is recognized and accredited by major national and international organizations.