Skills: Asset Integrity Engineer, Certification Engineer, Reliability Engineer
Experience: 5 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Houston, Texas, United States
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Bureau Veritas offers dynamic, exciting employment opportunities with an attractive salary/benefit package and an opportunity to play a vital role with a global organization. If you would enjoy working in a dynamic environment and are looking for an opportunity to become part of a stellar team of professionals, we invite you to apply online today.
Bureau Veritas is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and as such we recruit, hire, train, and promote persons in all job classifications without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, sexual orientation, genetics, status as a protected veteran, or any other non-job-related characteristics.
This position is responsible to ensure equal opportunity in employment in that all persons are treated equally and on the basis of merit, in decisions regarding selection, placement, promotions, training, work assignments, transfers and other personnel actions.
Bureau Veritas Certification Auditors and Lead Auditors perform audits per Bureau Veritas Certification BMS, requirements, standards, and ISO17021. BVC auditors are responsible to make relevant decisions concerning the audit process and to inform Bureau Veritas Certification as required to resolve issues related to the audit process. BVC auditors are responsible to collect and analyze sufficient information to provide a recommendation for certification to the relevant standards. Lead Auditors have authority for the control and performance of auditing activities including audit planning, managing the members of audit teams, managing the client corrective action approvals and delivery of the finalized audit report.
MAIN DUTIES, RESPONSIBILITIES AND AUTHORITIES
• To assimilate, understand and operate the Global and Local Bureau Veritas Certification Management System in all activities relevant to the post, and to liaise with the Product Manager and Director of Certification regarding changes to its design and implementation.
• To perform audits in any capacity in conformance with the relevant procedures, Ultimate Auditor Handbook and ISO 17021.
• In performing the duties described in Item 1 above, to ensure that such duties are performed in a professional, effective and commercially expedient way, in accordance with relevant KPIs.
• To control as necessary, teams of auditors during the activities covered by Item 2 above.
• To decide, based upon objective evidence reviewed during audits, whether or not registration should be recommended, allowed to continue, suspended or withdrawn.
• To maintain sufficient competencies and credentials to perform audits in line with Bureau Veritas Certification's accredited services.
• To assist in the training of othe Auditors and Lead Auditors during planned audits or during other training functions.
• To participate actively in Witness audits by Bureau Veritas Certification or Accreditation Bodies.
• To undertake any other activities as directed by the Product Manager and Director of Certification.
• Possess current Lead Auditor Certification for ISO 9001, 14001, 18001 or other relevant standards
• Have satisfactorily completed the relevant IRCA approved training course (or equivalent) in operations and auditing. The course(s) must include an examination, which must be passed to evidence satisfactory completion.
• Have competent working knowledge of relevant nationally recognized auditing standards and procedures.
• Be academically qualified in both a recognized scientific/technological discipline (or equivalent), and in quality assurance (academically qualified or have five years relevant experience) as deemed necessary for the scope of work undertaken
• Ability to travel extensively, with a valid driver's license, passport or other travel documentation
If you are an individual with a disability and you would like us to assist you with searching the Careers Page site for employment opportunities and/or assistance with completing your profile and application, please contact us at 1-888-357-7020 or email us with your request to USinfor@us.bureauveritas.com We are happy to assist you and encourage you to consider Bureau Veritas for your next great career opportunity!
If you would like additional information regarding Bureau Veritas' federal obligations in regards to equal employment opportunity, please click the link below:
Created in 1828, Bureau Veritas is a global leader in Testing, Inspection and Certification (TIC), delivering high quality services to help clients meet the growing challenges of quality, safety, environmental protection and social responsibility.
As a trusted partner, Bureau Veritas offers innovative solutions that go beyond simple compliance with regulations and standards, reducing risk, improving performance and promoting sustainable development.
Bureau Veritas core values include integrity and ethics, impartial counsel and validation, customer focus and safety at work.
Bureau Veritas is recognized and accredited by major national and international organizations.