Skills: Laboratory Ops / Tech
Experience: 2 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Pasadena, Texas, United States
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Bureau Veritas offers dynamic, exciting employment opportunities with an attractive salary/benefit package and an opportunity to play a vital role with a global organization. If you would enjoy working in a dynamic environment and are looking for an opportunity to become part of a stellar team of professionals, we invite you to apply online today.
Bureau Veritas is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and as such we recruit, hire, train, and promote persons in all job classifications without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, sexual orientation, genetics, status as a protected veteran, or any other non-job-related characteristics.
This position is responsible to ensure equal opportunity in employment in that all persons are treated equally and on the basis of merit, in decisions regarding selection, placement, promotions, training, work assignments, transfers and other personnel actions.
SUMMARY: Assistance in various area of laboratory operation for gas and hydrocarbon liquids testing in accordance with business needs of the Branch and Region, and in conformance with the Company's Quality Management System.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: Include the following - also other duties may be assigned.
- Receive the samples submitted for testing by login pertinent information into LIMS system.
- Report analytical results to the customers; interact with customers via email or phone when required.
- Perform analytical testing (GC, RVP, molecular weight, density, distillation etc.) in accordance to standardized methodologies (GPA, ASTM) utilized by the laboratory.
- Help with maintaining all laboratory equipment in a good working condition. When required, perform routine maintenance.
- Respect and dutifully follow laboratory safety practices.
- Adhere to professionalism and to the principles of the scientific method, basing decisions on education, experience, observation, and deduction.
- Perform other assigned duties like cylinder cleaning, cylinders preparation for shipping, general laboratory housekeeping duties.
- Carry out the above responsibilities, and other, which may be assigned, in a manner demonstrating support for and adherence to the Company's Safety Policy and Procedures, Quality Policy and Procedures, Ethics Policy, Environmental Management System, Vision and Strategy, and to exercise good judgment, common sense, and diplomacy in so doing.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: None
QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- Must have experience working in laboratory setup, preferably with GC instruments
- College Diploma or Bachelor's Degree in Physical or Life Science.
- Minimum two years laboratory experience and/or training
- Equivalent combination of education and experience.
LANGUAGE SKILLS: Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of employees.
MATHEMATICAL SKILLS: Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs. Ability to properly interpret technical reports related to chemicals and their properties. Ability to interpret scientific formulas.
REASONING ABILITY: Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form. Ability to understand and adhere to the required turnaround commitment. Proper attention to detailed record keeping.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; talk or hear; and taste and smell. The employee frequently is required to walk. The employee is occasionally required to sit; reach with hands and arms; and stoop or kneel.
The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee regularly works near moving mechanical parts and with explosive material and is regularly exposed to fumes or airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals, and risks of electrical shock.
The noise level in the work environment is usually low to moderate.
If you are an individual with a disability and you would like us to assist you with searching the Careers Page site for employment opportunities and/or assistance with completing your profile and application, please contact us at 1-888-357-7020 or email us with your request to USinfor@us.bureauveritas.com We are happy to assist you and encourage you to consider Bureau Veritas for your next great career opportunity!
If you would like additional information regarding Bureau Veritas' federal obligations in regards to equal employment opportunity, please click the link below:
Created in 1828, Bureau Veritas is a global leader in Testing, Inspection and Certification (TIC), delivering high quality services to help clients meet the growing challenges of quality, safety, environmental protection and social responsibility.
As a trusted partner, Bureau Veritas offers innovative solutions that go beyond simple compliance with regulations and standards, reducing risk, improving performance and promoting sustainable development.
Bureau Veritas core values include integrity and ethics, impartial counsel and validation, customer focus and safety at work.
Bureau Veritas is recognized and accredited by major national and international organizations.