Skills: IT - Analysis & Management, IT - Sys Admin & Support
Experience: 7 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: United Kingdom
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Bureau Veritas is aglobal leader in Testing, Inspection and Certification (TIC), delivering high quality services to help clients meet the growing challenges of quality, safety, environmental protection and social responsibility. Since 1828 we offer innovative solutions that go beyond simplecompliance with regulations and standards, reducing risk, improving performance and promoting sustainable development.
Our core values includeintegrityandethics,impartiality, customer focusandsafety at workand are Top Employer for the sixth consecutive year.
Role: Junior IS Application Support Specialist
Location: Atlas Business Park, Manchester (M22 5PR)
Salary: Competitive dependent on experience, plus excellent benefits package
SUPPORTING A GLOBAL LEADER
A multi-faceted organisation operating across numerous sites to deliver a wide variety of solutions to clients, Bureau Veritas delivers Testing, Inspection and Certification services to some of the biggest household names.
With more than 400,000 clients worldwide, we are a true global leader; helping to ensure the safety, quality and sustainability of parts, plant, properties and more. Our client list covers everyone from major retailers and petro-chemical companies, to global banks and international airports.
TEAM PLAYER WITH INDIVIDUAL RESPONSIBILITY
We are looking for a self-motivated individual with previous experience in an IS/ IT support/ development role to join a busy team of experienced support specialists.
The role will be instrumental in assisting with administrating, managing and maintaining applications that are used throughout Bureau Veritas North West Europe.
- To work as part of the NWE IS support team to review IS issues reported to the Service Desk.
- Ensure IS tickets have sufficient detail in describing the Incident / Request.
- Triage IS Support issues to ensure tickets are assigned correctly
- Investigate and resolve issues within a variety of application tools, or investigate and document before referring to 3rd Party or internal BV development teams.
- Carry out set procedures to meet common requests, i.e. password resets, dealing with new starters and leavers, checking setup configurations.
- Routine checks to confirm overnight processing has completed and that various server software programs remain available for users to connect to, escalating as required,
- Keeping appropriate records of progress, for example to update tickets with latest actions, document progress on test plans, update version control logs.
- Extract information from various systems into required format for further analysis
- Work proactively with the business to identify and implement new IS solutions, from requirements identification to deployment and sign off
- Participate in user acceptance & regression testing for group, regional and local IS applications as required
- Additionally work within larger company-wide project teams to assist with deployment of corporate product deliveries and upgrades.
HAVE YOU GOT THE RIGHT ATTRIBUTES?
Candidate requirements include:
- Degree or equivalent with IS Technical / Business Analyst and / or vocational qualification
- Previous experience in a IS/IT support or development team role
- Good analytical/ problem solving skills
- Effective communicator, both verbal and written
- Prior experience of rolling out new software solutions, including QA, documenting, testing, and hand-over to support
A GLOBAL LEADING ORGANISATION
Employing close to 66,500 employees across 140 locations worldwide, only Bureau Veritas can offer:
- Structured development programmes to help you fulfil your potential, including face to face and e-learning programmes
- The opportunity to contribute towards delivering excellence for high profile clients, including some of the world's most recognised brands
- A long list of awards recognition including Top Employer seven years in a row and continued success in the RoSPA Occupational Health and Safety Awards
- Comprehensive financial package including competitive salary and allowances, defined contribution pension, 25 days holiday plus Bank Holidays, various insurances including Private Health Insurance and other flexible benefits to suit individual requirements
Please be aware that all roles within Bureau Veritas UK&I may require a DBS, Credit or Security Clearance Check.
Bureau Veritas isan equal opportunity employer. No job applicant or employee shall receive less favourable treatment because of their gender, marital or civil partnership status, sexual orientation, colour, race, ethnic origin, religion, disability or age.
Bureau Veritas operates a strict Code of Ethics that ensures the proper conduct of our day-to-day business.
Created in 1828, Bureau Veritas is a global leader in Testing, Inspection and Certification (TIC), delivering high quality services to help clients meet the growing challenges of quality, safety, environmental protection and social responsibility.
As a trusted partner, Bureau Veritas offers innovative solutions that go beyond simple compliance with regulations and standards, reducing risk, improving performance and promoting sustainable development.
Bureau Veritas core values include integrity and ethics, impartial counsel and validation, customer focus and safety at work.
Bureau Veritas is recognized and accredited by major national and international organizations.