Skills: IT - Sys Admin & Support
Experience: 4 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: United Kingdom
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Our core values includeintegrityandethics,impartiality, customer focusandsafety at workand are Top Employer for the sixth consecutive year.
Role: IT Service Desk Analyst
Location: Atlas Business Park, Manchester (M22 5HF)
Salary: £18,000 - £20,000, plus excellent benefits package
SUPPORTING A GLOBAL LEADER
Ready to grow your career in IT? We are looking for a confident, self-motivated Service Desk Specialist to provide support on our growing IT Service Desk to all BV North West Europe employees.
A multi-faceted organisation operating across numerous sites to deliver a wide variety of solutions to clients, Bureau Veritas delivers Testing, Inspection and Certification services to some of the biggest household names.
With more than 400,000 clients worldwide, we are a true global leader; helping to ensure the safety, quality and sustainability of parts, plant, properties and more. Our client list covers everyone from major retailers and petro-chemical companies, to global banks and international airports.
This is your opportunity to hone your skills, in a fast-paced environment that is anything but mundane. Backed by a competitive salary, excellent benefits package and career progression; this is your opportunity to join an award-winning employer.
TEAM PLAYER WITH INDIVIDUAL RESPONSIBILITY
Playing a vital part within a busy Service desk team, we are looking for someone with a passion for IT and excellent customer service skills to ensure that all IT support requests and incidents are raised and resolved within given SLAs.
- Act as a single point of contact and receive calls from BV staff across North West Europe requesting assistance with their IT issues.
- Accurately log calls into the Bureau Veritas Service Desk System.
- Follow existing Service desk procedures to provide a 1st level support service to determine resolution and/or allocate to the relevant support group.
- Ensure the level of quality associated with logging of detail within tickets and updates is according to standards defined within the Service Desk
- Follow existing Service desk procedures to deal with new starters / leavers and role changes
- Achieve / maintain end to end SLA's for support calls.
- Provide a Project resource as required.
- Ensure clear communication and instruction to colleagues on IT related issues
HAVE YOU GOT THE RIGHT ATTRIBUTES?
Candidate requirements include:
- Previous job related experience
- GCSE Maths, English & IT (or equivalent)
- Knowledge of all IT Support principles, including Windows O/S, Microsoft Office & Lotus Notes (preferably).
- Excellent Customer Service Skills
Personal attributes include:
- Strong, resilient character
- Confident telephone manner
- Ability to prioritise and effectively time manage
- A genuine interest in computing
A GLOBAL LEADING ORGANISATION
Employing close to 66,500 employees across 140 locations worldwide, only Bureau Veritas can offer:
- Structured development programmes to help you fulfil your potential, including face to face and e-learning programmes
- The opportunity to contribute towards delivering excellence for high profile clients, including some of the world's most recognised brands
- A long list of awards recognition including Top Employer four years in a row and continued success in the RoSPA Occupational Health and Safety Awards
- Comprehensive financial package including competitive salary and allowances, defined contribution pension, 25 days holiday plus Bank Holidays, various insurances including Private Health Insurance and other flexible benefits to suit individual requirements
Please be aware that all roles within Bureau Veritas UK&I may require a DBS, Credit or Security Clearance Check.
Bureau Veritas isan equal opportunity employer. No job applicant or employee shall receive less favourable treatment because of their gender, marital or civil partnership status, sexual orientation, colour, race, ethnic origin, religion, disability or age.
Bureau Veritas operates a strict Code of Ethics that ensures the proper conduct of our day-to-day business.
Created in 1828, Bureau Veritas is a global leader in Testing, Inspection and Certification (TIC), delivering high quality services to help clients meet the growing challenges of quality, safety, environmental protection and social responsibility.
As a trusted partner, Bureau Veritas offers innovative solutions that go beyond simple compliance with regulations and standards, reducing risk, improving performance and promoting sustainable development.
Bureau Veritas core values include integrity and ethics, impartial counsel and validation, customer focus and safety at work.
Bureau Veritas is recognized and accredited by major national and international organizations.