Skills: Environmental Engineer, Environmental, Safety & Training, HSE Auditing
Experience: 5 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Atlanta, Georgia, United States
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Bureau Veritas offers dynamic, exciting employment opportunities with an attractive salary/benefit package and an opportunity to play a vital role with a global organization. If you would enjoy working in a dynamic environment and are looking for an opportunity to become part of a stellar team of professionals, we invite you to apply online today.
Bureau Veritas is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and as such we recruit, hire, train, and promote persons in all job classifications without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, sexual orientation, genetics, status as a protected veteran, or any other non-job-related characteristics.
This position is responsible to ensure equal opportunity in employment in that all persons are treated equally and on the basis of merit, in decisions regarding selection, placement, promotions, training, work assignments, transfers and other personnel actions.
Bureau Veritas Certification Auditors and Lead Auditors perform audits per Bureau Veritas Certification BMS, requirement of the applicable Forest Stewardship Council (FSC), Program for the Endorsement of Forest Certification (PEFC) and Sustainable Forestry Initiative (SFI) standard(s), and ISO19011. The auditor is responsible to make relevant decisions concerning the audit process and to inform Bureau Veritas Certification as required to resolve issues outside the audit process. The auditor is responsible to collect and analyze sufficient information to provide a recommendation for certification. Lead Auditors have authority for the control and performance of auditing activities including planning and the control of other members of audit teams.
MAIN DUTIES, RESPONSIBILITIES AND AUTHORITIES
- To assimilate, understand and operate the Bureau Veritas Certification Management System in all activities relevant to the post, and to liaise with the Product Manager regarding changes to its design and implementation.
- To perform FSC, PEFC and SFI chain of custody and forest management audits in any capacity in conformance with the Ultimate Auditor Handbook and ISO19011.
- In performing the duties described in Item 1 above, to ensure that such duties are performed in an efficient and commercially expedient way.
- To control as necessary, teams of auditors during the activities covered by Item 2 above.
- To decide upon evidence gained during audits whether or not registration should be recommended or allowed to continue.
- To strive to acquire sufficient audit experience to cover the whole of Bureau Veritas Certification's accredited activities.
- To assist in the training of other auditors and lead auditors during planned audits or during other training functions.
- To participate actively in witness audits by Bureau Veritas Certification or accreditation bodies.
- To maintain all audit credentials.
- To undertake any other activities as directed by the Product Manager.
- Knowledge of product or service
- Ability to interpret the standard
- Ability to co-ordinate and control the assessment
- Accurate and timely submission of reports, expenses and nonconformity clearance
- Ability to communicate with clients, staff and auditors
- Have competent working knowledge of nationally recognized Quality and/or Environmental Management System auditing standards and procedures.
- Be academically qualified with a BS or equivalent in forestry or a related natural resource field.
- Ability to travel frequently, including a valid driver's license, passport and credit card
- Be a registered (IRCA and/or RAB/QSA) Quality or Environmental Lead Auditor
- Have satisfactorily completed an RAB/QSA or IRCA approved training course in Quality and/or Environmental System operation and auditing. The course(s) must include an examination, which must be passed to evidence satisfactory completion.
- Have satisfactorily completed a chain of custody and/or forest management auditor training course.
- Integrity, tact and character
- Excellent communication skills
- Computer literacy
- Have had a minimum of 5 years recent and relevant experience in the forest products industry.
If you are an individual with a disability and you would like us to assist you with searching the Careers Page site for employment opportunities and/or assistance with completing your profile and application, please contact us at 1-888-357-7020 or email us with your request to USinfor@us.bureauveritas.com We are happy to assist you and encourage you to consider Bureau Veritas for your next great career opportunity!
If you would like additional information regarding Bureau Veritas' federal obligations in regards to equal employment opportunity, please click the link below:
Created in 1828, Bureau Veritas is a global leader in Testing, Inspection and Certification (TIC), delivering high quality services to help clients meet the growing challenges of quality, safety, environmental protection and social responsibility.
As a trusted partner, Bureau Veritas offers innovative solutions that go beyond simple compliance with regulations and standards, reducing risk, improving performance and promoting sustainable development.
Bureau Veritas core values include integrity and ethics, impartial counsel and validation, customer focus and safety at work.
Bureau Veritas is recognized and accredited by major national and international organizations.