Skills: Engineering Technician
Experience: 5 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: United Kingdom
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Role: Engineering Specialist (Lift/Crane)
Location: UK Wide (North West, Midlands or the South)
Salary: Competitive dependent upon experience plus an excellent benefits package
DELIVER A BESPOKE SERVICE
Ready for a new challenge? Working as a vital member of the Bureau Veritas specialist Engineering & Technical Services team, you could be delivering a tailored, bespoke technical service to a prestigious list of clients including some of the world's most recognised brands. This is an exciting role within a growing function of a true global leader, providing the platform to deliver technical expertise, offer specialist advice and support commercial growth in the engineering discipline.
All backed by a competitive salary, excellent benefits package and structured development programme from an award-winning employer.
Working within group and supporting the Business Manager in delivering a subject matter expert advice within the Lift & Crane discipline.
Operating within agreed authority and according to Bureau Veritas technical philosophy and strategies, provide technical excellence to the business and be the source of knowledge for both the business and its clients.
YOU SHOULD BE (OR HAVE)
- HNC/ NVQ equivalent
- Min Incorporated Engineer or comparable.
- Member of a Professional Engineering Institute.
- *The qualifying relevant field experience would include activities regulated or controlled by a recognised professional body or organisation e.g. NICIEC, HM Forces, approved apprentice scheme etc.
- Provide services to fee paying and internal customers in the designated fields of expertise and maintain engineering, technical and administrative control of commercial contracts to ensure optimum efficiency and profitability.
- Proactively work in line with the BV Core Values and Code of Ethics
- Delivery against key personal and divisional KPI's.
- Provide the highest level of expertise within a designated discipline, ensuring that the Bureau Veritas philosophy and strategies are understood and adhered to throughout the business unit.
- Keep up to date with developments in standards and legislation and supporting change as required.
- Ensure the effective implementation and maintenance of IS systems and the Q&S module.
- Provide engineering input into external trade associations, technical committees and statutory bodies.
- Act as the most senior point of referral for issues outside the authority of Engineer Surveyor personnel or where guidance or support is required.
- Develop and provide innovative solutions to processes thus differentiating Bureau Veritas in the market place.
- Coach and develop team members and field staff in technical issues, ensuring technical knowledge is maintained and developed through training both on and off the job in order to grow the capability of the business.
- Analyse Management Information, including the identification of Lift/escalator/moving walk inspection defect trends and use information to support decisions and planning inputs.
Only Bureau Veritas can offer:
- Structured development programmes, from apprentice to chartered engineer, to help you fulfil your potential, including face to face and e-learning programmes
- The opportunity to deliver excellence for high profile clients, including some of the world's most recognised brands
- A long list of awards recognition including Top Employer five years in a row and continued success in the RoSPA Occupational Health and Safety Awards
- Comprehensive financial package including competitive salary and allowances, defined contribution pension, 25 days holiday plus Bank Holidays, various insurances including Private Health Insurance and other flexible benefits to suit individual requirements
Created in 1828, Bureau Veritas is a global leader in Testing, Inspection and Certification (TIC), delivering high quality services to help clients meet the growing challenges of quality, safety, environmental protection and social responsibility.
As a trusted partner, Bureau Veritas offers innovative solutions that go beyond simple compliance with regulations and standards, reducing risk, improving performance and promoting sustainable development.
Bureau Veritas core values include integrity and ethics, impartial counsel and validation, customer focus and safety at work.
Bureau Veritas is recognized and accredited by major national and international organizations.