Skills: Manufacturing Engineering
Experience: 5 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: United Kingdom
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Bureau Veritas is aglobal leader in Testing, Inspection and Certification (TIC), delivering high quality services to help clients meet the growing challenges of quality, safety, environmental protection and social responsibility. Since 1828 we offer innovative solutions that go beyond simplecompliance with regulations and standards, reducing risk, improving performance and promoting sustainable development.
Our core values includeintegrityandethics,impartiality, customer focusandsafety at workand are Top Employer for the sixth consecutive year.
Role: Senior Consultant, Machinery (Machinery Specialist)
Location: Home based, South West
Salary: Flexible dependent on experience, plus car / car allowance and excellent benefits package
CALLING FOR THE EXPERTS
Ready to join a global leader? This is your chance to take the next step, working as part of the industry-renowned Bureau Veritas Engineering Technical Services team to deliver market-leading consultancy services to some of the world's biggest names.
Working as part of the specialist Bureau Veritas Technical Centre, you could be putting your problem-solving skills to the test across a wide range of engineering equipment in all sectors.
Apply your technical expertise and commercial understanding to develop value-adding solutions that help to ensure the safe, compliant and reliable operation and maintenance of engineering equipment.
All backed by a competitive salary, excellent benefits package and structured development programme from Bureau Veritas, an award-winning employer.
We're looking for someone that can act as a trusted consultant to our clients, bringing industry insight and regulatory knowledge together with a commitment to deliver service excellence as part of a partnership approach. Responsibilities include:
- To develop bespoke solutions to the complex issues faced when ensuring the safe, compliant and reliable operation and maintenance of engineering equipment
- To build strong relationships with key individuals at all levels within the client organisation
- To contribute to relevant standards committees and cross-industry groups
- To identify, pursue and achieve opportunities for commercial growth
EXPERIENCE AND TECHNICAL UNDERSTANDING
Candidate requirements include:
- Educated to degree level or Min incorporated engineer
- 5 years' relevant industry experience
- Experience of Machinery consultancy.
- Understanding of the latest regulations and standards
- Proven technical understanding of engineering equipment
- Detailed knowledge of in-service inspection procedures and processes in an ISO 17020 environment.
- Understanding of the safety rules and associated codes of practice that are applicable to the full range of plant, installations and systems within their discipline or disciplines.
Knowledge of appropriate test procedures which may be employed and the interpretation and limitations of those techniques
- CE marking.
- Failure mode and life cycle trend analysis.
- Life management schemes.
- Pre-purchase Inspections.
- Undertaking condition surveys.
- Machinery Management schemes
Personal attributes include:
- Technical expertise with a personal approach
- Commercial understanding
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Attention to detail
- Full UK Driving License
A TRUE GLOBAL LEADER
Only Bureau Veritas can offer:
- Structured development programmes to help you fulfil your potential, including face to face and e-learning programmes
- The opportunity to deliver excellence for high profile clients, including some of the world's most recognised brands
- A long list of awards recognition including Top Employer four years in a row and continued success in the RoSPA Occupational Health and Safety Awards
- Comprehensive financial package including competitive salary and allowances, defined contribution pension, 25 days holiday plus Bank Holidays, various insurances including Private Health Insurance and other flexible benefits to suit individual requirements
Please be aware that all roles within Bureau Veritas UK&I may require a DBS, Credit or Security Clearance Check.
Bureau Veritas isan equal opportunity employer. No job applicant or employee shall receive less favourable treatment because of their gender, marital or civil partnership status, sexual orientation, colour, race, ethnic origin, religion, disability or age.
Bureau Veritas operates a strict Code of Ethics that ensures the proper conduct of our day-to-day business.
Created in 1828, Bureau Veritas is a global leader in Testing, Inspection and Certification (TIC), delivering high quality services to help clients meet the growing challenges of quality, safety, environmental protection and social responsibility.
As a trusted partner, Bureau Veritas offers innovative solutions that go beyond simple compliance with regulations and standards, reducing risk, improving performance and promoting sustainable development.
Bureau Veritas core values include integrity and ethics, impartial counsel and validation, customer focus and safety at work.
Bureau Veritas is recognized and accredited by major national and international organizations.