Skills: Electrical Engineering
Experience: 6 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: United Kingdom
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Bureau Veritas is aglobal leader in Testing, Inspection and Certification (TIC), delivering high quality services to help clients meet the growing challenges of quality, safety, environmental protection and social responsibility. Since 1828 we offer innovative solutions that go beyond simplecompliance with regulations and standards, reducing risk, improving performance and promoting sustainable development.
Our core values includeintegrityandethics,impartiality, customer focusandsafety at workand are Top Employer for the sixth consecutive year.
Role: Electrical Business Unit Manager
Location: Home based, with travel
Salary: Competitive plus car/car allowance and excellent benefits package
A Global Brand and a Best in Class Service
Bureau Veritas is the market leader in Statutory Inspection services and as a result of our ambitious growth plans we are looking for a Business Unit Manager for our Electrical Testing division.
We are looking for someone with the experience and ambition to take the lead in shaping the business and its strategic direction, significantly increasing growth, whilst maintaining technical standards and building the reputation of the organisation nationwide.
Responsibilities include, but aren't limited to
- Developing a business plan for the electrical business unit using own knowledge of the industry and electrical service and collaborating closely with the Sales Director and other senior managers
- Leading the BU through setting, engaging and delivering KPIs that drive performance, production and profit
- Embed a one team culture within the regional teams and across the national team
- Work with the Area managers and planning function to drive efficiency and improve levels of productivity within the BU
- Assess information provided on client satisfaction to enhance and improve client excellence
- Support as appropriate the sales teams and the key client account managers
- Drive employee engagement, ensuring capability with performance and improvement targets and managing people performance effectively
- Drive compliance with company systems and processes - safety, technical, financial, people
- Anticipate regional resource requirements based on the combination of budget requirement, growth through sales and assumed attrition rates
- Ensure, with HR support, the capacity requirements are in place to deliver expected revenues and growth achieved through sales
- Manage profit & loss for region against budget; ensure month end closing process is adhered to e.g. WIP, DSO
- Ensure that technical standards are achieved and maintained and that service delivery is undertaken in a safe manner
- Ensure Company safety and health practices are fully implemented and best practice achieved
- Manage key client relationships associated with the service
- Support Business Development activities and ensure sales requirements are met with Sales Director
Experience and skills required
- Educated to a degree level or equivalent (preferred)
- P&L management experience
- Demonstrable experience of having grown a business commercially
- Experience in transformational change management
- Previous sector experience or experience within an engineering/ facilities management company (preferred but not essential)
A GLOBAL LEADER WITH A PERSONAL APPROACH
Only Bureau Veritas can offer:
- The opportunity to deliver excellence for high profile clients, including some of the world's most recognised brands
- A long list of awards recognition including Top Employer six years in a row and continued success in the RoSPA Occupational Health and Safety Awards
- Comprehensive financial package including competitive salary and allowances, defined contribution pension, 25 days holiday + statutory, various insurances including Private Health Insurance and other flexible benefits to suit individual requirements
Please be aware that all roles within Bureau Veritas UK&I may require a DBS, Credit or Security Clearance Check.
Bureau Veritas isan equal opportunity employer. No job applicant or employee shall receive less favourable treatment because of their gender, marital or civil partnership status, sexual orientation, colour, race, ethnic origin, religion, disability or age.
Bureau Veritas operates a strict Code of Ethics that ensures the proper conduct of our day-to-day business.
Created in 1828, Bureau Veritas is a global leader in Testing, Inspection and Certification (TIC), delivering high quality services to help clients meet the growing challenges of quality, safety, environmental protection and social responsibility.
As a trusted partner, Bureau Veritas offers innovative solutions that go beyond simple compliance with regulations and standards, reducing risk, improving performance and promoting sustainable development.
Bureau Veritas core values include integrity and ethics, impartial counsel and validation, customer focus and safety at work.
Bureau Veritas is recognized and accredited by major national and international organizations.