Skills: Business Analyst, Financial Analyst, Financial Audit
Experience: 6 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: United Kingdom
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Bureau Veritas is aglobal leader in Testing, Inspection and Certification (TIC), delivering high quality services to help clients meet the growing challenges of quality, safety, environmental protection and social responsibility. Since 1828 we offer innovative solutions that go beyond simplecompliance with regulations and standards, reducing risk, improving performance and promoting sustainable development.
Our core values includeintegrityandethics,impartiality, customer focusandsafety at workand are Top Employer for the sixth consecutive year.
Role: Invoice Query Administrator
Location: Atlas Business Park, Manchester (M22 5PR)
Salary: £20,000 - £22,000 plus excellent benefits package
SUPPORTING A GLOBAL LEADER
Do you have excellent attention to detail and strong investigation skills? We are looking for an Invoice Query Administrator to join our busy finance team.
You will be responsible for managing all invoicing disputes, including identifying the root cause of issues to propose business improvements, and using the information gathered to provide meaningful updates to operational and finance stakeholders.
A multi-faceted organisation operating across numerous sites to deliver a wide variety of solutions to clients, Bureau Veritas delivers Testing, Inspection and Certification services to some of the biggest household names.
This is a great opportunity to hone your skills, combining supported study with practical learning in a fast-paced environment that is anything but mundane.
STRONG INVESTIGATION SKILLS
Managing all of the invoice queries, this role is instrumental in improving invoice rejection levels, managing credit note approvals and issuances and using information gathered to provide meaningful feedback to the business.
Key responsibilities include:
- Be the internal central point of contact for all client invoice disputes
- Maintain an on-going register of all disputes lodged detailing the error identified, root cause of the problem, business owner and solution
- Manage the credit note register for ISV including maintaining an up to date list of all credit note requests linked to the dispute register, credit note request status, impact on profitability and authorisation track.
- Run monthly integrity checks on credit note data to ensure completeness and accuracy of information to feed to Financial Accounting team.
- Report monthly to Line Manager and business stakeholders on key drivers behind dispute/credit note reasons
- Use root cause analysis of disputes to generate improvement plans within the organisation to avoid re-occurrence of disputes
- Liaise on weekly basis with Credit Control to discuss key disputes and progress with resolution.
- Liaise with Operational Managers/Sales Managers as appropriate on regular basis to ensure disputes are resolved in a timely manner and escalate to Senior Managers as required
- Perform fortnightly review of debt aged > 90 days regardless of dispute status and in conjunction with Credit Control propose solutions for clearing the balance
- Perform monthly review of bad debt provision for Division and propose solutions for resolution of the balance.
Candidate requirements include:
- 5 GCSE or equivalent Grades A-C (including maths and English)
- Proficient in IT (Microsoft office)
- Strong Excel skills (Pivot Tables, Vlook-ups preferred)
- Excellent attention to detail
- Strong investigation skills
- Flexibility to deal with multiple priorities
- Able to work under tight deadlines.
WORK FOR A TRUE GLOBAL LEADER
Employing close to 66,500 employees across 140 locations worldwide, only Bureau Veritas can offer:
- Structured development programmes to help you fulfil your potential, including face to face and e-learning programmes
- The opportunity to contribute towards delivering excellence for high profile clients, including some of the world's most recognised brands
- A long list of awards recognition including Top Employer six years in a row and continued success in the RoSPA Occupational Health and Safety Awards
- Comprehensive financial package including competitive salary and allowances, defined contribution pension, 25 days holiday plus Bank Holidays, various insurances including Private Health Insurance and other flexible benefits to suit individual requirements
Please be aware that all roles within Bureau Veritas UK&I may require a DBS, Credit or Security Clearance Check.
Bureau Veritas isan equal opportunity employer. No job applicant or employee shall receive less favourable treatment because of their gender, marital or civil partnership status, sexual orientation, colour, race, ethnic origin, religion, disability or age.
Bureau Veritas operates a strict Code of Ethics that ensures the proper conduct of our day-to-day business.
Created in 1828, Bureau Veritas is a global leader in Testing, Inspection and Certification (TIC), delivering high quality services to help clients meet the growing challenges of quality, safety, environmental protection and social responsibility.
As a trusted partner, Bureau Veritas offers innovative solutions that go beyond simple compliance with regulations and standards, reducing risk, improving performance and promoting sustainable development.
Bureau Veritas core values include integrity and ethics, impartial counsel and validation, customer focus and safety at work.
Bureau Veritas is recognized and accredited by major national and international organizations.