Skills: Laboratory Ops / Tech
Experience: 5 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Boston, Massachusetts, United States
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Bureau Veritas offers dynamic, exciting employment opportunities with an attractive salary/benefit package and an opportunity to play a vital role with a global organization. If you would enjoy working in a dynamic environment and are looking for an opportunity to become part of a stellar team of professionals, we invite you to apply online today.
Bureau Veritas is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and as such we recruit, hire, train, and promote persons in all job classifications without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, sexual orientation, genetics, status as a protected veteran, or any other non-job-related characteristics.
This position is responsible to ensure equal opportunity in employment in that all persons are treated equally and on the basis of merit, in decisions regarding selection, placement, promotions, training, work assignments, transfers and other personnel actions.
SUMMARY: Responsible for all operational and management matters at the laboratory
locations assigned to the region. Must be solutions oriented.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- A member of the team responsible for the profit and loss of the divisions managed
- Responsible for the quality performance of the region including crosscheck, SQC and audits
- Responsible for personnel decisions in the region, including employee recruitment, retention and development
- Responsible for client marketing and development.
- Identifies and develops new business opportunities in assigned region
- Provide leadership and direction to region
- Initial point of contact for quality and operational issues that cannot be handled at the local level.
- Develops strong relationships with customers, both regionally based and in central coordination.
- A member of the team responsible for laboratory cost control
- Ensures all divisions have adequate resources to safely perform all aspects of work required.
- Maintains Corporate Policy & Procedure at regional level.
- Provides employee motivation and champions the BMS system.
- Disseminates Corporate Level information to the Divisions in the region
- Reviews local operations for all aspects of the continuous improvement process.
- Handles all disciplinary matters in a fair and consistent manner and maintains open communication with the HR department.
- Represents Inspectorate by appearance and conduct. Behaves ethically at all times.
- Ensures business practices meet or exceed company policy and industry standards.
- Ensures compliance in all areas.
- Reads, understands and enforces the company BMS and Safety policies.
- Other duties as may be assigned by senior management.
Manages all Laboratory Managers in the assigned region and is responsible for the overall
direction, coordination, and evaluation of the laboratory management team in the area of
Carries out management and supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's
policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training
employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and
disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty
satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the normal knowledge, skill,
and/or ability levels required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals
with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Broad experience in inspection related business as well as in-depth understanding of the business
operation and customer base.
Understanding and experience of good business management practices, including finance,
strategy, HR, sales and marketing.
Prior second tier management experience is also essential. (Such as Division / Country
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
Four year degree in a scientific discipline. A minimum of five years laboratory and/or quality
management is required.
Ability to read, interpret and implement safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and
procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak
effectively to groups of customers and/or employees. Ability to effectively communicate with all
levels of employees within the company is essential.
Capable of performing all calculations required for the management and operations of the
inspection business. Able to perform all pertinent operational calculations. Able to read,
understand and analyze financial statements.
Ability to apply common-sense understanding to complex situations and able to prepare and/or
follow instructions in written, oral, or diagrammatic form. Ability to deal with problems
involving several concrete variables in standardized as well non-standardized situations and
determine the appropriate course of action.
OTHER SKILLS and ABILITIES:
Above average "people skills"
Excellent communication skills
Excellent leadership skills
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
Valid drivers license required.
If you are an individual with a disability and you would like us to assist you with searching the Careers Page site for employment opportunities and/or assistance with completing your profile and application, please contact us at 1-888-357-7020 or email us with your request to USinfor@us.bureauveritas.com We are happy to assist you and encourage you to consider Bureau Veritas for your next great career opportunity!
If you would like additional information regarding Bureau Veritas' federal obligations in regards to equal employment opportunity, please click the link below:
Created in 1828, Bureau Veritas is a global leader in Testing, Inspection and Certification (TIC), delivering high quality services to help clients meet the growing challenges of quality, safety, environmental protection and social responsibility.
As a trusted partner, Bureau Veritas offers innovative solutions that go beyond simple compliance with regulations and standards, reducing risk, improving performance and promoting sustainable development.
Bureau Veritas core values include integrity and ethics, impartial counsel and validation, customer focus and safety at work.
Bureau Veritas is recognized and accredited by major national and international organizations.