Skills: Heavy Machinery Operator
Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Reno, Nevada, United States
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Bureau Veritas offers dynamic, exciting employment opportunities with an attractive salary/benefit package and an opportunity to play a vital role with a global organization. If you would enjoy working in a dynamic environment and are looking for an opportunity to become part of a stellar team of professionals, we invite you to apply online today.
Bureau Veritas is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and as such we recruit, hire, train, and promote persons in all job classifications without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, sexual orientation, genetics, status as a protected veteran, or any other non-job-related characteristics.
This position is responsible to ensure equal opportunity in employment in that all persons are treated equally and on the basis of merit, in decisions regarding selection, placement, promotions, training, work assignments, transfers and other personnel actions.
Reporting to the Sample Prep Manager and under the general guidance of the Supervisor, the Sample Prep Technician performs duties related to the preparation of client samples for analysis.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Prepare dried samples by crushing, pulverizing or sieving according to the Standard Operating Procedures without deviation unless authorized by the Manager
- Ensure fast and accurate processing of incoming samples in priority sequence
- Scan crushing/pulverizing QC checks and equipment used and boxes to the next station upon completion of pages, as required
- Perform and document quality checks during sample preparation according to SOP and halt production upon consultation with the Supervisor where non compliant
- Operate and clean equipment and notify Manager or Supervisor when equipment maintenance is necessary
- Provide feedback to Manager or Supervisor for possible improvements in his/her work area
- Other duties as assigned from time to time
Experience and Qualifications:
- Education must be a minimum of high school diploma
- Experience using heavy equipment is an asset
Skills, Knowledge and Abilities:
- Excellent English, verbal and written
- Strong organizing and time management skills
- Strong interpersonal
- Able to work independently and as part of a team.
If you are an individual with a disability and you would like us to assist you with searching the Careers Page site for employment opportunities and/or assistance with completing your profile and application, please contact us at 1-888-357-7020 or email us with your request to USinfor@us.bureauveritas.com We are happy to assist you and encourage you to consider Bureau Veritas for your next great career opportunity!
If you would like additional information regarding Bureau Veritas' federal obligations in regards to equal employment opportunity, please click the link below:
Created in 1828, Bureau Veritas is a global leader in Testing, Inspection and Certification (TIC), delivering high quality services to help clients meet the growing challenges of quality, safety, environmental protection and social responsibility.
As a trusted partner, Bureau Veritas offers innovative solutions that go beyond simple compliance with regulations and standards, reducing risk, improving performance and promoting sustainable development.
Bureau Veritas core values include integrity and ethics, impartial counsel and validation, customer focus and safety at work.
Bureau Veritas is recognized and accredited by major national and international organizations.