Los Angeles, California, United States
Los Angeles, California, United States
Skills: QA / QC / Inspection
Experience: 5 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Los Angeles, California, United States
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Bureau Veritas offers dynamic, exciting employment opportunities with an attractive salary/benefit package and an opportunity to play a vital role with a global organization. If you would enjoy working in a dynamic environment and are looking for an opportunity to become part of a stellar team of professionals, we invite you to apply online today.
Bureau Veritas is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and as such we recruit, hire, train, and promote persons in all job classifications without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, sexual orientation, genetics, status as a protected veteran, or any other non-job-related characteristics.
This position is responsible to ensure equal opportunity in employment in that all persons are treated equally and on the basis of merit, in decisions regarding selection, placement, promotions, training, work assignments, transfers and other personnel actions.
- Either directly or by delegation, and under the direction of the Laboratory Manager and Laboratory Regional Manager, the Laboratory Quality Assurance Manager is expected to oversee the control systems necessary to ensure that information generated by the Laboratory is generated in accordance with business needs of the Branch and in conformance with the Company's QHSSE or Business Management System.
- To install, apply, develop, and maintain quality assurance practices, which will enable the laboratory to meet and exceed, desired quality standards in a cost effective fashion.
- To monitor quality assurance activities in the Laboratory to determine conformance with authorized procedures and good practices, and to make, or arrange to have made, corrections and improvements as may be necessary. Laboratory quality assurance practices and activities referred to include; without being limited to calibrations and authority over all instrumentation repair; method verification and validation; training, proficiency testing and cross check programs; application of statistical techniques; review and approval of data.
- Assists in and/or conducts all laboratory investigations of discrepancies to resolve problems with clients and to inform management of required corrective actions.
- Monitor key performance indicators (KPI), including turn-around time of samples.
- Remain aware of developments in the quality field by reading current technical literature and attending technical meetings.
- Advise in the purchase of laboratory supplies which have a direct effect on quality.
- Execute or participate in internal Lab Technical and QHSSE audits.
- Ensures compliance with ISO 9001, ISO 18001 and ISO 17025 standards. *ISO 17025 is applicable only when labs are accredited or seeking ISO 17025 accreditation.
- Work closely with Operations regarding the interpretation and implementation of any element of the Quality Management System to resolve differences and ultimately to ensure that the system is understood and applied uniformly.
- As directed, handles all disciplinary matters in a fair and consistent manner and maintains open communication with Division Manager and the HR department.
- Represent Inspectorate by appearance and conduct. Behaves ethically at all times..
- Carries out all responsibilities in a supportive manner with total adherence to: the Company's Health, Safety and Environmental Policies and Procedures; Business (Quality) Management System; Compliance and Ethics Policies; and exercises good judgment, common sense, and diplomacy.
- All Department Managers, supervisors, chemist(s), and technicians are direct reports concerning all quality assurance issues. Candidate must accept telephone calls and be willing and able to visit locations as situations demand. Ownership of the overall performance of Inspectorate shall be exhibited at all times.
4. Supervision Received
- This position reports to Division Manager/Director of Quality Assurance.
5. Education and Experience Requirements
- College Degree and five years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience with quality systems such as ISO 9000, 40 CFR 160, and ISO 17025.
6. Core Competencies
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals; ability to write routine reports and correspondence; ability to speak effectively to employees in their work group or department; ability to develop policies and procedures related to the quality efforts in the laboratory.
- Ability to analyze numerical reports from related laboratory machinery. Ability to develop and analyze results from various laboratory instruments and develop quality statistics of overall quality performance of the laboratory.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram or schedule form.
7. Physical demands
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee able to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to handle and feel objects, tools or controls and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand, walk, smell and occasionally required to reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds (with assistance). Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
8. Work environment
- The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Depending on location site, while performing the duties of this job, the employee regularly works near explosive material and is regularly exposed to wet and/or humid conditions, fumes or airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals, extreme cold and/or heat; possibly working in enclosed spaces. The noise level is usually moderate
If you are an individual with a disability and you would like us to assist you with searching the Careers Page site for employment opportunities and/or assistance with completing your profile and application, please contact us at 1-888-357-7020 or email us with your request to USinfor@us.bureauveritas.com We are happy to assist you and encourage you to consider Bureau Veritas for your next great career opportunity!
If you would like additional information regarding Bureau Veritas' federal obligations in regards to equal employment opportunity, please click the link below:
Created in 1828, Bureau Veritas is a global leader in Testing, Inspection and Certification (TIC), delivering high quality services to help clients meet the growing challenges of quality, safety, environmental protection and social responsibility.
As a trusted partner, Bureau Veritas offers innovative solutions that go beyond simple compliance with regulations and standards, reducing risk, improving performance and promoting sustainable development.
Bureau Veritas core values include integrity and ethics, impartial counsel and validation, customer focus and safety at work.
Bureau Veritas is recognized and accredited by major national and international organizations.