Houston, Texas, United States
Houston, Texas, United States
Skills: Chemist, Laboratory Ops / Tech, Regulatory Compliance
Experience: 10 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Houston, Texas, United States
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Bureau Veritas offers dynamic, exciting employment opportunities with an attractive salary/benefit package and an opportunity to play a vital role with a global organization. If you would enjoy working in a dynamic environment and are looking for an opportunity to become part of a stellar team of professionals, we invite you to apply online today.
Bureau Veritas is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and as such we recruit, hire, train, and promote persons in all job classifications without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, sexual orientation, genetics, status as a protected veteran, or any other non-job-related characteristics.
This position is responsible to ensure equal opportunity in employment in that all persons are treated equally and on the basis of merit, in decisions regarding selection, placement, promotions, training, work assignments, transfers and other personnel actions.
S UMMARY : Under the direction of the Director of Laboratories, North America and North Latin America (direct) and Directors of Laboratory Quality and Compliance, this role is required to assist with the systems necessary to ensure that data and information from the Laboratory Network is generated in accordance with business needs of Inspectorate to include conformance with external regulations and the Company's Quality Management System.
- ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Complete assigned tasks for laboratory compliance regarding ISO 17025, ISO 9001 and BQ 9000 and other applicable standards
- Conduct internal audits and gap assessments
- Monitor crosscheck programs and laboratory SQC, as assigned
- Conduct training as requested
- Provide support for the technical governance of the Company's Laboratory Information Management System including decision making.
- Remain aware of developments in the quality field by reading current technical literature and attending technical meetings.
- Carry out tasks as assigned for laboratory compliance regarding RFG and other EPA and regulatory requirements.
- Monitor RFG crosscheck programs and laboratory SQC, as assigned
- Compliance data review, as assigned
- Carry out the above responsibilities, and all others that may be assigned, in a manner demonstrating support for and adherence to the Company's policies and procedures and to exercise good judgment, common sense, and diplomacy in so doing.
- TRAVEL REQUIRED, estimated at 50-75%.
- Must possess strong analytical skills and be able to problem solve
- Must possess leadership traits including excellent communication skills (written and verbal), people development skills and presentation skills.
- Must have a strong understanding of basic laboratory quality concepts including statistics, measurement of uncertainty, calibration, etc. Experience with LIMS administration a plus.
- Must be proficient in the use of standard applications (Microsoft Word, Excel, Power Point). Experience with additional applications such as Microsoft Access, Visio and other applications a plus.
- Must be self-directed, have excellent time management skills and excellent decision making ability.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- Minimum Bachelor Degree in Science related discipline
- 10+ years of laboratory experience
- 3+years in a Laboratory Quality and/or Compliance role.
- Read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Write routine reports and correspondence.
- Speak effectively to employees in their work group or department.
- Develop policies and procedures related to the quality efforts in the laboratory.
- Analyze numerical reports from related laboratory instruments and equipment
- Develop quality statistics of overall quality performance of the laboratory.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSE, AND REGISTRATIONS:
- Valid driver's license required.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Regularly required to stand
- Use hands and fingers to handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls
- Talk or hear
- Frequently required to walk, sit and reach with hands and
- Must be able to lift and/or move up to 40 pounds
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Due to the difficulty and working space requirements of this position, it is difficult if not impossible to make reasonable accommodations.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee regularly
- Works near moving mechanical parts
- Works with hazardous
- Occasionally exposed to risk of radiation.
- Noise level in the work environment is occasionally loud.
If you are an individual with a disability and you would like us to assist you with searching the Careers Page site for employment opportunities and/or assistance with completing your profile and application, please contact us at 1-888-357-7020 or email us with your request to USinfor@us.bureauveritas.com We are happy to assist you and encourage you to consider Bureau Veritas for your next great career opportunity!
If you would like additional information regarding Bureau Veritas' federal obligations in regards to equal employment opportunity, please click the link below:
Created in 1828, Bureau Veritas is a global leader in Testing, Inspection and Certification (TIC), delivering high quality services to help clients meet the growing challenges of quality, safety, environmental protection and social responsibility.
As a trusted partner, Bureau Veritas offers innovative solutions that go beyond simple compliance with regulations and standards, reducing risk, improving performance and promoting sustainable development.
Bureau Veritas core values include integrity and ethics, impartial counsel and validation, customer focus and safety at work.
Bureau Veritas is recognized and accredited by major national and international organizations.