Skills: QA / QC / Inspection, Welding
Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Wheeling, West Virginia, United States
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Bureau Veritas offers dynamic, exciting employment opportunities with an attractive salary/benefit package and an opportunity to play a vital role with a global organization. If you would enjoy working in a dynamic environment and are looking for an opportunity to become part of a stellar team of professionals, we invite you to apply online today.
Bureau Veritas is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and as such we recruit, hire, train, and promote persons in all job classifications without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, sexual orientation, genetics, status as a protected veteran, or any other non-job-related characteristics.
This position is responsible to ensure equal opportunity in employment in that all persons are treated equally and on the basis of merit, in decisions regarding selection, placement, promotions, training, work assignments, transfers and other personnel actions.
Certified Welding Inspector
LOCAL INSPECTOR REQUIRED: The inspector is responsible for quality assurance oversight of work performed at new gas well sites on behalf of Bureau Veritas's client. The inspector must have significant knowledge of the American Welding Society (AWS), American Petroleum Institute (API), and Coatings Inspections and demonstrable experience in a similar positions.
Position duties Include:
• Ensure all Welders and NDE Technicians are certified through BV's client, and maintain those records for the duration of the project.
• Verify welding, torqueing, coating and cathodic protection procedures are followed and documented by the Fabricator and Contractor.
• Verify piping is hydro tested in accordance to the client's procedures
• Verify trenching and backfilling processes are following client's specifications.
• Collection of project documents from stakeholders, including but not limited to MTR's, NDE reports, approved drawings and coating logs for package submission.
• Completion of daily reports, Weekly status updates and end of project final package
The skills required for this position include:
• Communicating with the Project Manager to determine the specific requirements of a given work order, including the scope of work, deliverables, schedule, and budget for a particular assignment;
• Communication with the Project Manager, Client's on-site supervisor, contractors, and other third parties to resolve schedule issues;
• Ensure that the services provided are performed in accordance with the project requirements and contract with the client;
• Generate and process timesheets, billing reports, and inspection reports in an expeditious and thorough manner, complying with all applicable deadlines. All reports must be submitted typewritten using Microsoft Word/Adobe Acrobat and must be electronically transmitted to the Project Manager;
• Communicate information from the client regarding upcoming assignments and potential work that Bureau Veritas could perform
• Maintain a positive relationship between Bureau Veritas and the client
• Ability to work remotely from the established Bureau Veritas offices;
• Client oriented approach with emphasis on understanding and fulfilling the needs of the client;
• Detail oriented with a dedication to the quality control and quality assurance process; ability to understand and read complex design and fabrication plans and specifications;
• Excellent communication and documentation skills, with ability to communicate technical issues to the Project Manager, and the clients. Expertise in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel) required; knowledge of Adobe Acrobat and Lotus Notes preferred. Proficient use of modern communication and computer equipment including cell phones, laptop computers and digital cameras;
• Ability to multi-task and properly execute multiple simultaneous assignments without sacrificing efficiency or quality of the work;
• Team player willing to work with clients, field staff, other Bureau Veritas offices
• Willingness and ability to work outdoors in all weather conditions.
• MUST have extensive working knowledge and experience with D1.1 or API 1104
• MUST have current AWS CWI Certification
If you are an individual with a disability and you would like us to assist you with searching the Careers Page site for employment opportunities and/or assistance with completing your profile and application, please contact us at 1-888-357-7020 or email us with your request to USinfor@us.bureauveritas.com We are happy to assist you and encourage you to consider Bureau Veritas for your next great career opportunity!
If you would like additional information regarding Bureau Veritas' federal obligations in regards to equal employment opportunity, please click the link below:
Created in 1828, Bureau Veritas is a global leader in Testing, Inspection and Certification (TIC), delivering high quality services to help clients meet the growing challenges of quality, safety, environmental protection and social responsibility.
As a trusted partner, Bureau Veritas offers innovative solutions that go beyond simple compliance with regulations and standards, reducing risk, improving performance and promoting sustainable development.
Bureau Veritas core values include integrity and ethics, impartial counsel and validation, customer focus and safety at work.
Bureau Veritas is recognized and accredited by major national and international organizations.