Skills: Business Development
Experience: 2 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: California, United States
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
The purpose of this position is to identify potential new customers and successfully convert these prospects into new business across all BVCPS Business Lines and manage these customers through a start-up period after launch.
Meet or exceed the annual stated new sales goals both on an individual basis and for the division. Align with the Program Manager through the start-up period (not to exceed 2 years from launch of program) by liaising with all aspects of the testing, inspection, and/or consulting services provided to assigned clients as well as develop the client relationships at multiple levels (executive to manager) to ensure a successful program launch.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Provide expertise to clients in areas of global compliance, industry standards, and client specifications through opinions, interpretations and recommendations and identify and engage the appropriate people within Bureau Veritas where necessary.
- Responsible for driving the sales process from beginning (research and identification) to end (planning, launch and execution of program).
- Have an active prospect "pipeline" at all time.
- Define and develop with client an understanding of client's needs, objectives, and expectations related to compliance, safety and quality and match these to CPSD's services and capabilities.
- Sell services within pricing scope as defined by operations.
- Accountable for increase and decrease in client sales (new and recently launched).
- Develop strong client relationships including day-to-day contact up through multiple levels - executive level/decision makers to manager. In addition, develop and document the customer's organization chart, and maintain a current contact list (name, positions, phone numbers, and email).
- Participate and relay information obtained from attendance at regulatory/industry and professional meetings.
- Liaison, as necessary, with regulatory/industry/professional bodies to provide technical expertise in areas of global compliance, industry standards, and client specifications.
- Arrange for all necessary client service support to include quarterly business reviews, quarterly/annual sales summaries, other client-specific reports, technical opinions, interpretations, and recommendations
- Prepare for and participate in client meetings and presentations, training seminars and/or tradeshows.
- Forecast and monitor client sales, evaluate client operations, and identify new business opportunities.
- Support Project Managers as needed with client requests, problems, issues, and complaints.
- Provide back-up assistance for other business development management staff, as required.
- Participate in continuous training/education to keep abreast of current services provided by BVCPS.
Skills & Requirements:
- Must have an understanding and general competency in areas of technical of regulations, standards, and compliance and requirements relating to the Automotive Market (retailers and brands).
- Must have, and be able to quickly develop, executive level relationships
- Must understand product development and sourcing - how the process works and where BVCPS services fit in.
- Ability to interpret technical information and translate into common terminology.
- Excellent verbal and written communication and presentation skills.
- Strong analytical, problem solving, attention to detail and process improvement skills.
- Strong work ethic and excellent client service skills to ensure effective, responsive client interaction (internal and external).
- Strong people management skills
- Ability to work well under pressure to handle crisis situations and balance several tasks simultaneously.
- Ability to prioritize, delegate tasks to appropriate staff and perform required follow up.
- Ability to negotiate and sell relevant services in a way that benefits the Company & the customer.
- Must be personable and work well independently, as well as in a team environment.
- Provide weekly updates of planned customer visits including
- Travel required for client meetings, internal meetings and Trade Shows
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft applications - including Excel and PowerPoint
Education & Experience:
• 5 years related experience in a business environment preferably in direct selling, sales management or sourcing managementP
- 4 year college degree in business administration or related experience preferred
Created in 1828, Bureau Veritas is a global leader in Testing, Inspection and Certification (TIC), delivering high quality services to help clients meet the growing challenges of quality, safety, environmental protection and social responsibility.
As a trusted partner, Bureau Veritas offers innovative solutions that go beyond simple compliance with regulations and standards, reducing risk, improving performance and promoting sustainable development.
Bureau Veritas core values include integrity and ethics, impartial counsel and validation, customer focus and safety at work.
Bureau Veritas is recognized and accredited by major national and international organizations.