Skills: Business Development
Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Texas, United States
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Bureau Veritas offers dynamic, exciting employment opportunities with an attractive salary/benefit package and an opportunity to play a vital role with a global organization. If you would enjoy working in a dynamic environment and are looking for an opportunity to become part of a stellar team of professionals, we invite you to apply online today.
Bureau Veritas is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and as such we recruit, hire, train, and promote persons in all job classifications without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, sexual orientation, genetics, status as a protected veteran, or any other non-job-related characteristics.
This position is responsible to ensure equal opportunity in employment in that all persons are treated equally and on the basis of merit, in decisions regarding selection, placement, promotions, training, work assignments, transfers and other personnel actions.
SUMMARY: This Business Development role will support the attainment of the financial budget and forecasts for the Oil and Petroleum Division by meeting or exceeding all corporate and business goals related to development of business. In addition, this individual will maintain, manage and be accountable for all accounts and projects as assigned by the Director of Business Development.
DUTIES AND RESPSONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
- Works with Director of Business Development and operations team to identify and develop potential new business revenue streams as well as maintain existing customer relations.
- Business development within the territory to cultivate new customers in the market. This would include understanding market changes, learning new players and making introduction with key decision makers.
- Must acquire basic operational knowledge regarding new products and/or markets to create targeted marketing objectives for new business streams and actively pursue these opportunities
- Work with Inspectorate division and regional managers to set marketing and sales targets/objectives
- Focus on selling all Inspectorate services to include traditional business, measurement services, additives, etc.
- Learn and understand all Bureau Veritas divisions for cross selling opportunities
- Manage and participate in new tenders and bids for new projects within the designated region or geographic territory.
- Ensure that new contracts undergo the proper review with heavy emphasis on risk management.
- Initiate and coordinate actions associated with contract awards and execution Remains current in knowledge of competitive activities, including pricing, services, market share and penetration; reports significant activities to management
- Work with Marketing and Communications Specialist for the development of website and media plan based on maximum media effectiveness for the company.
- Be available to assist with responding to web leads as needed.
- Assist in contract management, to include yearly renewals/updates as well as contract analysis to identify opportunities for increasing revenues.
- Coordinates with other members of the Business Development Team to ensure consistent business development performance across the US and globally.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Some experience in implementing marketing programs is desirable
- Some experience in marketing analysis and data manipulation is desirable
- Some understanding of marketing theory is desirable.
DESIRED SKILLS AND TRAITS:
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, market information papers. Ability to write reports and business correspondence.
- Ability to effectively articulate and present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
- Ability to multi-task, be results oriented and work with initiative.
- Must possess strong interpersonal, communication and analytical skills.
CERTIFICATES, REGISTRATIONS, AND LICENSES:
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk, sit, and work with a computer.
If you are an individual with a disability and you would like us to assist you with searching the Careers Page site for employment opportunities and/or assistance with completing your profile and application, please contact us at 1-888-357-7020 or email us with your request to USinfor@us.bureauveritas.com We are happy to assist you and encourage you to consider Bureau Veritas for your next great career opportunity!
If you would like additional information regarding Bureau Veritas' federal obligations in regards to equal employment opportunity, please click the link below:
Created in 1828, Bureau Veritas is a global leader in Testing, Inspection and Certification (TIC), delivering high quality services to help clients meet the growing challenges of quality, safety, environmental protection and social responsibility.
As a trusted partner, Bureau Veritas offers innovative solutions that go beyond simple compliance with regulations and standards, reducing risk, improving performance and promoting sustainable development.
Bureau Veritas core values include integrity and ethics, impartial counsel and validation, customer focus and safety at work.
Bureau Veritas is recognized and accredited by major national and international organizations.