Orlando, Florida, United States
Orlando, Florida, United States
Skills: Operations Management, Civil Engineering, Construction Engineer
Experience: 10 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Orlando, Florida, United States
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Bureau Veritas offers dynamic, exciting employment opportunities with an attractive salary/benefit package and an opportunity to play a vital role with a global organization. If you would enjoy working in a dynamic environment and are looking for an opportunity to become part of a stellar team of professionals, we invite you to apply online today.
Bureau Veritas is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and as such we recruit, hire, train, and promote persons in all job classifications without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, sexual orientation, genetics, status as a protected veteran, or any other non-job-related characteristics.
This position is responsible to ensure equal opportunity in employment in that all persons are treated equally and on the basis of merit, in decisions regarding selection, placement, promotions, training, work assignments, transfers and other personnel actions.
The Director of Operations, Central & Eastern Regions reports to the VP - Facilities Division (Central & East Regions) of the Facilities Division, and will have responsibility for managing the day-to-day operational performance, P&L, and business development for the Eastern US regions. While experience with a municipal code compliance department is desired, the clear focus of this role is on business growth and performance through service optimization and delivery.
The Director of Operations will take a leadership role in influencing the culture of the organization to reflect a business unit using best practices to achieve efficient and effective business management and growth. Through the implementation and use of Lean, financial, and project management tools, the Director of Operations will be responsible for developing a client focused, sales driven organization that utilizes both technical experts and business development professionals in the sales process.
The ideal candidate will have a proven success record managing the overall business and P&L for a Code Compliance services company, Engineering Services Company or similar operation with a revenue or budget level over $10M. Improvement of operational processes through Lean management, driving business development, and providing functional guidance to operational and business development managers in the Code Compliance Service Line will be a part of the daily responsibilities.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
• Prepare annual business plan under direction of management based upon annual goals and annual Commercial Action Plan (CAP).
• Lead the development of KPI's for ongoing monitoring of performance and achievement of financial performance consistent with annual business plan.
• Identify and implement immediate and long-term strategies for growth, improved efficiency, and reduced costs.
• Take leadership role in improving the knowledge and understanding of business practices (financial performance) to key managers.
• Monitor KPI's and recommend improvement initiatives to management.
• Monitor A/R's for each business unit and take actions to reduce A/R's to meet established goals.
• Implement and administer BV corporate financial policies, procedures and initiatives.
• Validate and deliver monthly, quarterly, and annual business performance forecasts.
• Manages a business conducting a range of trade specific plan reviews and inspections on residential and commercial buildings as well as managing specific projects assigned to the business unit.
• Lead a team of Operations Managers overseeing the performance of up to 200 plans examiners, engineers, inspectors, and office support personnel.
• Monitors reporting on new projects wins (working with Director of Marketing) and backlog on a monthly basis.
• Manages and delivers consistent proposal profitability, costing, and contract implementation.
Key Decision Areas:
• Operational review and Lean/ best practices implementation.
• Profit and Loss; Business Development; performance management.
• People management to include recruiting and deployment, training and development, and coaching.
• Strong leadership skills.
• Business development orientation.
• Business acumen, strong analytical and strategic mind.
• Effective negotiator and mediator of conflicts between peers, direct reports, and clients.
• Extensive experience in/ exposure to municipal government with a focus in Civil Engineering, Code Compliance, or Building Construction Departments.
• Strong interpersonal skills including the ability to effectively motivate and influence others.
• Proven skills for developing teamwork and collaboration.
• Ability to explain and interpret municipal and building codes, and related regulatory requirements.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Bachelor of Business Administration, or Bachelor of Science degree in Architecture, Construction Science, Engineering or related field with continuing education in Business Administration; and 10+ years' experience managing a construction or engineering services operation, building department or code compliance services operation; or equivalent combination of education and experience. MBA, Architect license, and/ or Professional Engineer license (PE) is desirable.
Demonstrated success leading and managing multiple personnel across a variety of administration, operational and technical functions (business development and client relations, plan review, field inspection, etc.).
An employee in this position typically works in an office environment with heating and air conditioning, but will regularly travel to customer and/ or vendor work sites which will require exposure to external environments.
The employee is occasionally required to lift up to 20 pounds. The vision requirements include: ability to adjust focus, distance vision and close vision.
If you are an individual with a disability and you would like us to assist you with searching the Careers Page site for employment opportunities and/or assistance with completing your profile and application, please contact us at 1-888-357-7020 or email us with your request to USinfor@us.bureauveritas.com We are happy to assist you and encourage you to consider Bureau Veritas for your next great career opportunity!
If you would like additional information regarding Bureau Veritas' federal obligations in regards to equal employment opportunity, please click the link below:
Created in 1828, Bureau Veritas is a global leader in Testing, Inspection and Certification (TIC), delivering high quality services to help clients meet the growing challenges of quality, safety, environmental protection and social responsibility.
As a trusted partner, Bureau Veritas offers innovative solutions that go beyond simple compliance with regulations and standards, reducing risk, improving performance and promoting sustainable development.
Bureau Veritas core values include integrity and ethics, impartial counsel and validation, customer focus and safety at work.
Bureau Veritas is recognized and accredited by major national and international organizations.