Chicago, Illinois, United States
Chicago, Illinois, United States
Skills: Paramedic / Nurse, QA / QC / Inspection
Experience: 2 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Chicago, Illinois, United States
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Bureau Veritas offers dynamic, exciting employment opportunities with an attractive salary/benefit package and an opportunity to play a vital role with a global organization. If you would enjoy working in a dynamic environment and are looking for an opportunity to become part of a stellar team of professionals, we invite you to apply online today.
Bureau Veritas is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and as such we recruit, hire, train, and promote persons in all job classifications without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, sexual orientation, genetics, status as a protected veteran, or any other non-job-related characteristics.
This position is responsible to ensure equal opportunity in employment in that all persons are treated equally and on the basis of merit, in decisions regarding selection, placement, promotions, training, work assignments, transfers and other personnel actions.
• Responsible for evaluating workplace exposure occupational exposure to a wide variety of clients.
• Self-starter that is capable of working independently with some supervision and technical support.
• Prepares for industrial hygiene sampling surveys.
• Calibrates sampling pumps, using both primary and secondary standards, for aerosols (total, inhalable, thoracic, and respirable fractions), gases, fumes, and vapors.
• Conducts industrial hygiene sampling surveys for chemical, physical and biological hazards.
• Observes work activities that can contribute to exposures.
• Accurately documents field notes.
• Applies appropriate calculation methods for chemical and noise exposure assessments.
• Interprets exposure monitoring results.
• Understands principles of personal protective equipment and clothing.
• Develops recommendations to control exposures, using the hierarchy of controls.
• Recognizes common signs and symptoms that may indicate an occupational illness or exposure.
• Excellent communicator with an emphasis on providing stellar customer service.
• Good technical writing and computer skills (Microsoft Office Suite) to draft reports that are grammatically correct, easy to read, technically competent, and are client ready upon submittal for senior review.
• Able to travel for business
• May perform indoor environmental quality investigations in non-industrial environments, including asbestos, moisture and mold surveys, asbestos and mold remediation oversight, and general ventilation evaluations.
• Education: B.S. required in science or engineering disciplines
• Experience: 2 - 4 years
• Anticipated local and regional travel up to 50%.
Desired Additional Skills:
• Ability to perform safety inspections, field oversight, incident investigations, and develop health and safety plans.
• Existing regulatory certifications (e.g. asbestos, lead, mold).
• Some experience conducting asbestos, lead based paint, mold, and indoor air quality investigations.
If you are an individual with a disability and you would like us to assist you with searching the Careers Page site for employment opportunities and/or assistance with completing your profile and application, please contact us at 1-888-357-7020 or email us with your request to USinfor@us.bureauveritas.com We are happy to assist you and encourage you to consider Bureau Veritas for your next great career opportunity!
If you would like additional information regarding Bureau Veritas' federal obligations in regards to equal employment opportunity, please click the link below:
Created in 1828, Bureau Veritas is a global leader in Testing, Inspection and Certification (TIC), delivering high quality services to help clients meet the growing challenges of quality, safety, environmental protection and social responsibility.
As a trusted partner, Bureau Veritas offers innovative solutions that go beyond simple compliance with regulations and standards, reducing risk, improving performance and promoting sustainable development.
Bureau Veritas core values include integrity and ethics, impartial counsel and validation, customer focus and safety at work.
Bureau Veritas is recognized and accredited by major national and international organizations.