Skills: Laboratory Ops / Tech
Experience: 3 + Years
Education: Associates/2 yr Degree/Diploma
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: New Orleans, Louisiana, United States
A WORLD LEADER IN TESTING, INSPECTION & CERTIFICATION SERVICES
Bureau Veritas offers dynamic, exciting employment opportunities with an attractive salary/benefit package and an opportunity to play a vital role with a global organization. If you would enjoy working in a dynamic environment and are looking for an opportunity to become part of a stellar team of professionals, we invite you to apply online today.
Bureau Veritas is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and as such we recruit, hire, train, and promote persons in all job classifications without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, sexual orientation, genetics, status as a protected veteran, or any other non-job-related characteristics.
This position is responsible to ensure equal opportunity in employment in that all persons are treated equally and on the basis of merit, in decisions regarding selection, placement, promotions, training, work assignments, transfers and other personnel actions.
City: New Orleans
SUMMARY: Assist Laboratory Manager in the responsibility for all day-to-day laboratory operations at a local divisional office.
Represent the policies, ethics, and culture of the company in a leadership role.
Assist and understudies Laboratory Manager through closely monitoring lab related financial performance to achieve or exceed budgeted requirements. Serve as a laboratory management representative for the Company at the respective location(s). Provide for lab-related customer service, troubleshooting, problem solving, and marketing as directed by the manager.
Supervise and coordinate activities of personnel engaged in performing chemical and physical tests required for quality control of processes and products by performing the following duties.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND REPSONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be designated.
- Ensures all lab staff has adequate resources to perform all aspects of work required.
- Ensures all lab staff is adequately trained to safely perform all required job functions and that competency records are maintained.
- Ensure compliance with all corporate policy procedures in the laboratory.
- Assist Laboratory Manager regarding sales, profits, costs and expenses to meet/ exceed budgeted financial expectations for the laboratory.
- Provide employee motivation and champions the BMS system, including SQC, Calibrations, Quality Assurance, Training, Round Robins and lab BMS.
- Maintain an "open door policy" and communicates with lab staff and management to promote empowerment and accountability.
- Obtain and maintain an in-depth knowledge of local market requirements.
- Understand customer requirements and organize lab procedures, schedules and staffing to provide for meeting/exceeding same.
- Foster customer confidence in Inspectorate laboratory work.
- Support the ISO certificate(s) and manages corrective/preventive actions.
- Review local laboratory operations for all aspects of the continuous improvement process.
- Compile and analyze test information to determine operating efficiency of processes and equipment and to diagnose problems and malfunctions.
- Recommend measures to improve testing procedures, use of equipment, and needs for new equipment. Conduct research to develop custom procedures as needed, working in conjunction with senior lab management.
- Handle required disciplinary matters in a fair and consistent manner and maintains open communication with the Laboratory Manager and the HR department.
- Represent Inspectorate by appearance and conduct. Behaves ethically at all times.
Ensure compliance in all areas.
- Ensure laboratory practices meet or exceed company policy and industry standards.
- Read, understand and enforce the company BMS and Safety policies.
- May on occasion be required to perform the duties of the Laboratory Supervisor and/or Laboratory Technicians.
- Establish or adjust work schedules to meet testing requirements and control costs.
- Maintain time, training, calibration, QC and testing records.
- Market actively for new clients
- Other duties as may be assigned by Lab, Division and/or senior management.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: Manage Laboratory Supervisor(s) (if applicable) and Laboratory Technicians.
Carry out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE: Bachelor's degree from four-year college or university or Associates degree or equivalent from two-year college or technical school; or a minimum of three years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
LANGUAGE SKILLS: Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, customers, and the general public.
MATHEMATICAL SKILLS: Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret graphical data.
REASONING ABILITY: Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
OTHER SKILLS and ABILITIES:
Above average "people skills"
Excellent communication skills
Computer literate (MS Office), equipment related software, email etc.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS: Valid driver's license required.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to handle and feel objects, tools, or controls, and to talk and hear. The employee frequently is required to stand, walk, taste and smell. The employee is occasionally required to reach with hands with arms. The employee must sometimes lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
Employee is sometimes required to climb and descend stairways and ladders. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the related duties, the employee regularly works near flammable material, near moving mechanical parts, and low level radiation sources; and can be exposed to fumes or airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals, and risk of electrical shock.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
If you are an individual with a disability and you would like us to assist you with searching the Careers Page site for employment opportunities and/or assistance with completing your profile and application, please contact us at 1-888-357-7020 or email us with your request to USinfor@us.bureauveritas.com We are happy to assist you and encourage you to consider Bureau Veritas for your next great career opportunity!
If you would like additional information regarding Bureau Veritas' federal obligations in regards to equal employment opportunity, please click the link below:
Created in 1828, Bureau Veritas is a global leader in Testing, Inspection and Certification (TIC), delivering high quality services to help clients meet the growing challenges of quality, safety, environmental protection and social responsibility.
As a trusted partner, Bureau Veritas offers innovative solutions that go beyond simple compliance with regulations and standards, reducing risk, improving performance and promoting sustainable development.
Bureau Veritas core values include integrity and ethics, impartial counsel and validation, customer focus and safety at work.
Bureau Veritas is recognized and accredited by major national and international organizations.