Skills: Mechanical Engineering
Experience: 6 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: United Kingdom
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
As a result of ongoing success and our aspiration to grow the UK inspection business we are looking to appoint an Area Manager to be responsible for leading a field based team of Engineers delivering best in class service. This is a crucial role in the business, taking ownership for proactively driving client relationships, taking commercial responsibility for the area as well as identifying opportunities to grow and develop our organisation.
The role is home based however regular travel within your geographic location is required to engage with your team and clients.
CUSTOMER CENTRICITY AND OPERATIONAL EXCELLENCE
Key duties include:
- Providing high quality leadership, development and guidance to a team of field based Engineer Surveyors
- Ensure effective delivery of Bureau Veritas mechanical inspection services to meet and exceed client SLA's
- Taking commercial responsibility for the region including full P&L accountability. Provide internal Management Information (MI) to demonstrate operational and financial metrics
- Proactively managing and developing relationships with clients across all sectors
- Act as a role model to demonstrate Bureau Veritas' H&S standards, Core Values, Code of Ethics, and Leadership Behaviours
- Work closely with key internal stakeholders (e.g. commercial and support functions, HR, sales, bids) across Bureau Veritas to ensure that all relevant people are motivated to deliver excellent customer service
Candidate requirements include:
- Demonstrable experience at Operations Manager / Area/ Regional Manager level in a fast paced, complex, client focused organisation
- Excellent leadership skills; comfortable managing a large, remote teams
- Sound commercial understanding with ability to effectively manage P&L of £1m +
- Ability to engage, inspire and motivate teams
- Evidence of successfully managing a portfolio of client relationships
- Confident communicator with the ability to build strong internal networks across all levels of an organisation
- Analytical approach; comfortable with data and able to interpret and produce meaningful MI
A GLOBAL LEADER WITH A PERSONAL APPROACH
Only Bureau Veritas can offer:
- Joining Bureau Veritas is joining a learning organization that will help you build a career. We create opportunities for skills building, training and mobility throughout our employees' careers, as well as encouraging their ability to innovate. As such we have been voted Top Employer 6 years in a row.
- Comprehensive financial package including competitive salary and allowances, defined contribution pension, 25 days holiday plus Bank Holidays, various insurances including Private Health Insurance and other flexible benefits to suit individual requirements
Created in 1828, Bureau Veritas is a global leader in Testing, Inspection and Certification (TIC), delivering high quality services to help clients meet the growing challenges of quality, safety, environmental protection and social responsibility.
As a trusted partner, Bureau Veritas offers innovative solutions that go beyond simple compliance with regulations and standards, reducing risk, improving performance and promoting sustainable development.
Bureau Veritas core values include integrity and ethics, impartial counsel and validation, customer focus and safety at work.
Bureau Veritas is recognized and accredited by major national and international organizations.